Senior FPGA Engineer
Codex – Hardware Engineering
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As Senior FPGA Engineer, you will be a key member of our small FPGA development team building industry leading solutions for the real-time processing of high bandwidth video data. Starting from the high level design all the way down to setting you testing you will be involved in every aspect of the development cycle. This include liaising with electronics engineers to ensure optimal integration of the final product. If you have a good understanding of hardware and are up for a bit of a challenge we would definitely like to hear from you. In this role, you would do the following:
- Develop high level and detailed designs for FPGA based systems
- Implement firmware in VHDL and Verilog
- Developing test benches for stimulation
- Achieve timing closure in complex in complex high-speed designs
- Build test harnesses for hardware verification
- Contribute to the development of new product specifications
- Provide support for existing product
- Work with Electronic Engineers to select components as well as establish and verify FPGA pinouts
- Work with external partners to integrate Codex technologies into their products
- Keep up to date with relevant new technologies and devices
- Find the best solution to implement the product specification
- Ensure code quality and robustness of the final product
- Provide realistic effort estimates
- Contribute to project planning and meet agreed project milestones
- Keep up to date with new devices and technologies
- Raise concerns and issues as soon as possible
- Document your work
- Communicate regularly with other team members
- Degree in electrical engineering or in a comparable field
- Experience in system and architectural design of FPGA firmware
- VHDL and verilog development
- Good working knowledge of digital electronic circuits
- Ability to understand circuit schematic diagrams
- C/C++ programming onLinux
- Ability to manage time to met deadlines
- Team player but also able to work using own initiative
- Experience working with a distributed/remote team.
Additional Preferred Experience
- Recent Xilinx devices.
- Digital video processing.
- High speed serial protocols such as PCI Express.
- Competitive salary and bonus programme
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary
- Employee equity and pension plan
- and more...
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.