Senior Build and Release Engineer
Software Engineering - PIX – Developer Experience
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
Do you enjoy coding, but prefer not working as a front line software developer? Do you like playing a key role in ensuring other Engineers succeed at their job? Does automation and tool creation interest you? Are you a friendly, team-oriented, multi-talented engineer who wants to be helpful? As a member of the Developer Experience team, you support our internal Engineers, the tools that they use, and the deployment pipelines to ultimately release software into production.
The mission for the Developer Experience team is to reach out to front line engineers, learn about any manual processes that are slowing down the speed at which they can perform their job, and automate them. We wish to make building and releasing software feel more like driving a Aston Martin, rather than a Morris Marina.
- Proactively interact with other Engineers, supporting their experience building and deploying software.
- Architect and write tools to automate manual tasks, speeding up time to release.
- Participate in cross-functional engineering teams, leveraging your experience to ensure wise practice use during implementation of new software.
- Author and support internally built RESTful services that augment our deployment pipeline.
- Maintain open source deployment pipeline related software and tool components.
- Mentor junior team members, attend training and conferences to grow your own skills.
- Directly communicate Developer Experience team goals, tools and deployment processes to other Engineers.
- Deep understanding of software development practices, RPC & RESTful APIs, build and deploy pipelines, containers and linux based operating systems.
- 4+ years of experience in developer relations, software development, or a role where you showcased your innate ability to earn trust and credibility with technical teams.
- Strong empathy for frustrated developers and patience to help them solve their problems.
- Clarity of thought and expression, verbally and in writing, internally and externally.
- Curiosity for new solutions to old problems and a desire to tinker with them.
- Core values including integrity, honesty, a willingness to help and reach out to others in need.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Nodejs, Python, React, Go.
- Jenkins, Gitlab/Github, Docker, Artifactory.
- OSX, Linux.
- Amazon Web Services/Cloud infrastructure.
- Cloudformation or similar infrastructure-as-code tools.
- An understanding of how software is hosted and served.
- Experience working with distributed/remote teams.
- Competitive salary and bonus programme.
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family.
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary.
- Employee equity and pension plan.
- Commitment to professional development.
- and more...
The mission for the Developer Experience team is to reach out to front line engineers, learn about any manual processes that are slowing down the speed at which they can perform their job, and automate them. We wish to make building and releasing software feel more like driving a Ferrari, rather than a Pinto.
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.