Commercial Operations – Legal
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
Our Contracts Manager will work on the Commercial Operations team, which oversees a wide variety of legal activities for our global company, from contracts with new and existing clients to partner and vendor agreements. This in-house legal position will also assist with corporate and M&A legal matters in conjunction with external counsel.
- Contract review and drafting.
- Prepare internal legal presentations.
- Participate in negotiations with vendor and client legal representatives.
- Review and manage commercial and vendor contracts.
- Work on corporate legal matters and coordinate with external corporate law firm.
- Draft and manage agreements for the company including NDA’s, independent contractor agreements, service agreements and other types of agreements and legal correspondence.
- Serve as a liaison between internal and external parties, including coordination with various outside Counsel, during contract development and negotiations.
- Manage all contracts and filings in internal database and distribution to appropriate teams.
- Manage and monitor contract life-cycle from beginning to end (intake, review, drafting, negotiation, obtaining approvals, and signatures and filing).
- Project management responsibilities across legal initiatives.Design, develop, and simplify legal processes by recommending and implementing systems and process changes to increase efficiency within the legal workflow.
- Collaborate and provide legal support for other departments and third parties to gather information for agreements.
- 6+ years of relevant prior experience in an in-house legal department, or law firm.
- Team player, enthusiasm to help others and a good sense of humor.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- SaaS contract experience desirable.
- Media or Entertainment industry experience a plus.
- Paralegal Certificate is a plus.
- Must be able to work from our headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.