Infrastructure Operations Engineer
Software Engineering - PIX – InfraOps
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As a member of our Infrastructure Operations team, the heart of X2X rests in your hands. You're part of the team responsible for X2X’s production environment, comprised of cloud services, monitoring systems, and a fleet of microservices utilizing your CloudFormation skills. You’ll help manage our integration with both public and private networks and collaborate with our Client Team supporting clients and our Core Services team building the software. Our backend is Linux with AWS servers providing web, application, batch, storage, database, and media management services. Storage scaling to petabytes, burstable compute, data capture and analytics, and secure streaming are key attributes of our service.
- Taking a major role in managing the production and development infrastructure environments at X2X
- Design and implement the intelligent evolution of our cloud architecture, including capacity planning, increased availability, resiliency, monitoring and alerts, security, and deployment strategy
- Develop and document new processes, and make it a priority to assist in knowledge sharing with the team
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Must be able to work between 1300-2200 with flexibility between office and home to work with our global team
- Minimum 5 years operations experience supporting a 24x7 production environment demonstrating increasing responsibilities over time
- Self motivated and passionate about learning, versed in the latest DevOps philosophies
- Strong time management, interpersonal and automation skills
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet)
- Experience working on optimization of an AWS based LAMP stack
- Ability to work autonomously from home as well as in the office
- Strong scripting skills in automating standard tasks, with willingness to improve. Python, Ruby, or Bash experience preferred
- Strong skills in Linux system administration and standard services (HTTPS, DNS, SMTP, NFS)
- Knowledge of container technology (such as Docker) to run multiple services independently on the same hardware
- Understanding of networking, routing, and security concepts (ideally: AWS security groups, IAM roles, VPC routing, subnetting)
- Skills working with MySQL/RDS database systems
- Dedication to monitoring and alerting systems - CloudWatch, DataDog, SumoLogic, Statsd, and collectd experience is a plus
- Experience configuring and managing Amazon Web Service deployments
Additional preferred experience
- Worked with large datasets and storage needs, in the range of Petabytes or larger
- Have integrated into multiple engineering teams, and can integrate into different workflows and toolsets easily
- Worked with, and feel confident reading and contributing to, multiple interpreted and compiled programming languages
- Used scheduling systems (Such as Apache Mesos or Kubernetes) to coordinate service availability
- Have a strong understanding of security best practices in the Public Cloud (such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud)
- Competitive salary and bonus programme
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary
- Employee equity and pension plan
- and more...
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.