Mechanical Design Engineer
Codex – Mechanical Hardware Design
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be part of a team delivering Codex products which meet the significant challenge of thermal management and packaging in coordination with our high-end aesthetics, blending ergonomic considerations with rock solid reliability along with an obsessive attention to detail.
Your role, to design all the mechanical aspects of digital recording equipment and associated technologies, integration of electronics, cooling, mechanisms and assemblies, coordinate prototyping activities and transition into production.
Experience of working closely with Industrial Design teams with ability to understand and implement 3D Surfaces within product packaging requirements.
- Detail manufacturing drawings and prepare assembly drawings.
- Specify materials, finishing details and manufacturing tolerances.
- Knowledge of injection moulding, die casting, machining, sheet metal and specification of post-processing, such as anodising, plating, pad printing, paint finishing etc.
- Packaging of electronics within existing corporate design language, working closely with electronic engineers, Industrial Design and production.
- Responsibility for BOM development and hand-over to production.
- Capable of communicating at all levels.
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision and under tight deadlines/pressure.
- Problem solving and concept generation.
- Ideally knowledge of thermal analysis and design for thermal dissipation using forced air-cooling techniques where applicable.
- Minimum qualification; Degree or equivalent NVQ Level 3/ BTEC HNC with relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in 3D CAD engineering using SolidWorks.
- New product development.
- Knowledge of Thermal and FEA analysis.
- Experience of working with Industrial Design teams including CAD Surfacing.
- Working under own initiative, setting own deadlines / project milestones and responsible for deliverables.
- Generating, checking and revision control of manufacturing and assembly drawings.
- BOM creation and associated manufacturing documentation.
- Design and presentation of concepts. Development of candidate solution for prototype. Sound analysis, problem solving and refinement of prototype into production.
- Basic understanding of electronic components and modules, PCB mounting and connector details.
- Design for Manufacture and Assembly.
- Experience working with a distributed/remote team.
- Competitive salary and bonus programme.
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family.
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary.
- Employee equity and pension plan.
- Commitment to professional development.
- and more...
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.