Senior Infrastructure Operations Engineer
Software Engineering - PIX – InfraOps
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As a member of our Operations team, the heart of PIX rests in your hands. You're part of the team responsible for PIX's production environment comprised of cloud services, monitoring systems, and a fleet of microservices. The buck stops with your team for all network and systems issues.
Our backend is Linux with AWS servers providing web, application, batch, storage, database, and media management services. Storage scaling to petabytes, burstable compute, data capture and analytics, and secure streaming are key attributes of our service. PIX works on highly confidential projects, and so you’ll also be exceptionally trustworthy and discreet.
You've supported 24/7 production services in a highly available environment, while maintaining multiple 9s of service uptime. You're an experienced Linux Systems engineer, and have experience in most of the areas of Operations responsibility. You should be ready to ask for help when needed, but you should also be able to be self-sufficient when needed.
You’ll bring a track record of success building and managing high availability infrastructure services from concept to reality, from technology analysis, vendor selection (with a strong bias for open source), negotiation, design, execution, maintenance, and internal cross-training.
You’ll help manage our integration with both public and private networks.
You can provide examples of the automation you've implemented, and talk about the gains you've seen from it.
You'll be driven to improve and extend our monitoring, alerting, and deployment systems.
You’ll collaborate with our Client Team supporting clients and our Core Services team building the software, and are happy serving both internal and external clients.
- Taking a major role in managing the production and R&D infrastructure environments at PIX.
- Experience configuring and managing Amazon Web Service infrastructure deployments.
- Design and implement the intelligent evolution of our cloud architecture, including capacity planning, increased availability, resiliency, monitoring and alerts, security, and deployment strategy.
- Develop and document new processes, and make it a priority to assist in knowledge sharing with the team.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Be a driving force for improvements.
- Minimum 5 years operations experience supporting a 24x7 production cloud environment demonstrating increasing responsibilities over time.
- Self motivated and passionate about learning, versed in the latest DevOps philosophies.
- Strong time management, interpersonal, and automation skills.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet).
- Experience working on optimization of an AWS based LAMP stack.
- Strong scripting skills in automating standard tasks, with willingness to improve. Python, Ruby, or Bash experience preferred.
- Strong skills in Linux system administration and standard services (HTTPS, DNS, SMTP, NFS).
- Knowledge of container technology (such as Docker/Kubernetes/etc.) to run multiple services independently on the same hardware.
- Understanding of networking, routing, and security concepts (ideally: AWS security groups, IAM roles, VPC routing, subnetting).
- Skills working with MySQL/RDS database systems.
- Dedication to monitoring and alerting systems. We currently use CloudWatch, DataDog, SumoLogic, Statsd, and collectd.
- Comfortable with a mix of team and individual work.
- Experience configuring and managing Amazon Web Service deployments.
- Must be willing to work at the office located in Leamington Spa.
- Willing to be flexible with your work schedule in order to collaborate with team members in San Francisco, CA, USA, for training, some meetings, etc.
- Experience working with a distributed/remote team.
- Competitive salary and bonus programme.
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family.
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary.
- Employee equity and pension plan.
- Commitment to professional development.
- and more...
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.