Front-End Software Engineer
Leamington Spa /
Software Engineering - PIX – Web /
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
What Will You Do?
As a Front End Software Engineer, you will be working on our PIX applications, which power secure collaboration across the television, film and streaming media industries. You will be responsible for iteratively designing and building product features in close collaboration with other Software Engineers, Designers and Product Managers. You will provide attention to detail and build-in quality every step of the way.
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including modern layout approaches like FlexBox and CSS Grid, building responsive interfaces and animations using Transitions
- 2+ years of React experience, including maintaining apps in production, using Redux for state management, preferably using a feature-first architecture
- Strong written and oral communications
Additional Preferred Experience
- Consuming REST APIs to power user interfaces
- Using StyledComponents or a similar CSS-in-JS library to design user interfaces
- Using TypeScript to develop code in a type-safe manner
- Using Test-Driven Design with Jest, Cypress or similar test harness
- Programming with RxJS/Observables
- HTML5 video playback, ideally with browser DRM
- Working within a Scrum or Agile delivery process
- Competitive salary and bonus programme
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary
- Employee equity and pension plan
- and more...
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.