Front-End Software Engineer
Software Engineering - PIX – Web
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
What Will You Do?
As a software engineer on our front-end team, you’ll be creating and extending the PIX applications that power collaboration across the television, film, and streaming media industries. This includes delivering features that empower secure collaboration on DRM-protected media assets for thousands of industry professionals. You will be building products using modern web APIs such as HTML5 video with EME, SVG, and canvas, while leveraging high-impact development tools such as Electron, QT, React/Redux, and Babel. Our engineers must work cross-functionally on multiple codebases and products to ensure the PIX platform is scalable, efficient, and secure.
Come and work in an exciting industry with no less than 7 Academy and Emmy Award winning technologists!
- Design, implement, and maintain PIX System application features
- Work with cross-functional teams to define APIs and architecture for application-facing features
- Coordinate with team-members to ensure timely delivery of software that meets all requirements
- Mentor other team members on your areas of expertise
- Work with your team to architect and implement improvements, new features, and refactoring initiatives for our products
- Work with our product and design teams to scope out, plan, resource and deliver high-quality experiences for our users
- Comfortable with ES6+, Babel, Webpack, etc
- Strong skills with semantic markup and modern layout best practices with CSS. Experience with CSS preprocessors is preferable
- Solid grasp of object-oriented and functional programming design concepts and patterns
- Firm understanding of web development performance concerns - the event loop, rendering lifecycle, asynchronous programming, etc
- Solid experience with at least one modern web framework, preferably React
- Solid understanding of internet networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP, HTTP, etc
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Additional Preferred Experience
- Prior experience with HTML5 video, ideally with browser DRM
- Familiarity with RESTful API design best practices
- Experience with Redux, Redux Sagas, Electron or QT
- Competitive salary and bonus programme
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary
- Employee equity and pension plan
- and more...
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.