Frontend Software Engineer - ConnectedSet
Software Engineering - PIX – Software Engineering
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As a member of the ConnectedSet Team, you’ll be helping create the next generation of Academy and Emmy award winning video processing, storage, and collaboration tools for the film industry. This includes delivering features that allow industry professionals to review and process content during all stages of film production as well as monitor storage and processing of footage. You will be building modern web and Electron apps using technologies such as React, Redux, and Babel, and interacting with REST and GraphQL backends.
- Design, implement, and maintain ConnectedSet application features that handle video capture, storage, archival, and processing
- Work with cross-functional teams to define APIs and architecture for application-facing features
- Write design, usage, and troubleshooting documents for other engineers and QA
- Participate in reviews and audits to ensure the security of our system
- Coordinate with team-members and others in the organization to ensure timely delivery of software that meets all requirements
- Mentor other team members on your areas of expertise
- Work with your team to architect and implement improvements, new features, and refactoring initiatives for our products
- Work with our product and design teams to scope out, plan, resource and deliver high-quality experiences for our users
- Work with our infra and developer experience teams to ensure that developers are able to collaborate, build, and deploy our products effortlessly
- Experience with React and ReduxStrong skills with semantic markup and modern layout best practices with CSS.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors is preferable
- Solid grasp of both traditional object-oriented as well as functional programming design concepts and patterns
- Firm understanding of web development performance concerns - the event loop, rendering lifecycle, asynchronous programming, etc.
- Solid understanding of internet networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years front-end development experience
- Additional experience in these areas a plus: building Electron apps, using Relay and GraphQL APIs, film or TV industry experience
- Experience working with a distributed/remote team a plus
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.