Leamington Spa /
Marketing – Communications /
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Technical Author will coordinate, plan, write, and advise on the development of all internal and external technical publications and product knowledge-bases.
- Evaluate and determine the varying needs of end users for technical documentation and select the appropriate medium and tools to deliver a first class, contemporary learning experience
- Work closely with company divisions, section heads, and internal/external partners to discuss and understand technology projects and authoring requirements
- Nurture feedback from Partners, customers, designers, and manufacturers and propose viable and appropriate solutions
- Handling multiple language translation processes
- Standardize content across platforms and media - editing, proofreading, indexing
- Commissioning supporting illustrative and photographic material as required
- A clear and concise writing style with consideration for non-english speaking audiences
- Strong working knowledge using leading technical authoring tools such as Madcap Flare, Paligo, Adobe Technical Communication Suite
- Excellent skills in Office and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including InDesign
- A working knowledge of industry standard Content Management Systems
- A great attention for detail
- A well-organised approach and the ability to juggle multiple authoring projects, delivering to deadlines
- An awareness of graphic design processes for print and online
- Ideally qualified to degree level in an appropriate discipline, or equivalent, with at least 5-10 years technical writing experience
- Competitive salary and bonus programme
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary
- Employee equity and pension plan
- and more...
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.