Codex – Hardware Engineering
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As Electronic Engineer, you will be a key member of our expert electronics team delivering new CODEX hardware products and providing ongoing support over the product lifecycle. You will be liaising closely with other engineers within CODEX as well as with contractors and manufacturing partners. Our projects are small enough for you to have visibility of the entire product. If you enjoy solving design problems and troubleshooting high-speed electronics then you will fit right in. This role includes:
Electronics specification and design
Working with mechanical & industrial designers to define PCB outlines, component placement, and cooling concepts
Research and select components
Coordinate creation of schematics and PCB layout
Work with senior engineers to verify schematic designs and layout before production
Oversee the manufacturing, bring-up, testing, and debugging of prototypes
System integration testing
Development of automated test procedures
Work with external partners to integrate Codex technologies into their products
Handover to manufacturing
Assist customer support in diagnosing hardware issues
Opportunity to progress to schematic capture and PCB layout
- Find the best solution to implement the product specification
- Ensure functionality and robustness of the final product
- Provide realistic effort estimates
- Track progress of contractors and suppliers
- Contribute to project planning and meet agreed project milestones on time
- Keep up to date with new components and technologies
- Communicate regularly with other team members
- Degree in electrical engineering or in a comparable field.
- Good working knowledge of electronic circuits and components.
- A good understanding of circuit schematic diagrams and component data sheets.
- Good understanding of multi-layer PCB layout techniques.
- Read and understand mechanical CAD drawings.
- Ability to efficiently manage time to meet deadlines.
- Team player but also able to work using own initiative.
- Basic programming knowledge and Linux experience would be an advantage.
- Experience working with a distributed/remote team.
- Competitive salary and bonus programme
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary
- Employee equity and pension plan
- and more...
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.