Senior Front-End Prototyping Engineer
Leamington Spa /
Codex – Software Engineering - Codex /
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
What will you do?
As a Senior Front-End Prototyping Engineer at X2X you will build user interface elements and compositions that serve to disambiguate the UX design process at X2X.
The work that you will do will require the mastery of state of the art web and mobile/desktop frameworks as well as the experience and ability to understand and produce working prototypes of user interface elements at any level of granularity.
You will be instrumental to the design, development and delivery of our core application.
Our products enable deep collaboration across the lifecycle of film and television production. HTML5 video with cross-browser DRM, frame accurate playback & annotation, review & approval workflows, and granular role-based permissions and security are some of the key technical challenges you'll face building and growing our product. PIX works on highly confidential projects, and so you’ll also be exceptionally trustworthy and discreet.
You've built sophisticated front-end designs in a mission-critical environment, delivering secure and usable features while advocating for technical excellence and clean, maintainable codebases.
You’ll care first and foremost about the success, health, and growth of the team.
Our apps are used by some of the most creative and visually acute users on the planet - feature film directors, VFX artists, producers, and the like. PIX is installed at virtually every major studio and production facility.
- Contribute your knowledge and experience to your team members, local and remote
- Work with our development team to architect and implement improvements and new features
- Work with our product and design teams to scope out, plan, resource and deliver high-quality experiences for our users
- Help be a driving force for improvements
- Hands on practitioner, passionate about the craft, and versed in the latest front-end development best practices
- Experience working with distributed/remote teams
- At least 5 years professional experience developing complex web applications
- Professional experience with React/Redux preferred
- Experience with SwiftUI and Apple mobile development stacks a strong plus
- Excellent project management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Deep knowledge of modern web and mobile application development best practices, frameworks, and tooling
- Experience with HTML5 media and/or DRM a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of web applications build infrastructure
- Demonstrated knowledge of the entire modern software development life-cycle and associated tools
- Excellent attention to detail; very thorough work habits with good follow through
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience working with a distributed/remote team
- Demonstrated experience with world class UI implementations
- Experience with customising engineering solutions
- Ability to work autonomously and with a global team
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Competitive salary and bonus programme
- Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family
- Life assurance covering 4x basic annual salary
- Employee equity and pension plan
- and more...
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.