Software Engineering - PIX – Project Management
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As Project Manager you should be an enthusiastic leader crafting best practices and process development, leading cross-functional teams of passionate people to coordinate products that enables film production. You will work shoulder to shoulder with a growing engineering team, with a primary focus on ensuring schedules and project plans are accurate and up-to-date. You should be adept at applying the Project Management principles of Scope, Schedule, and Cost in each work assignment in order to maximize results for all deliverables. You will be part of a Global team, As such you will be key in bridging communications with the overseas offices.
- Develop a partnership with Product Management, Engineers, Client Team, and others as needed to provide coverage
- Maintain detailed project documentation, including meeting notes, changes, blockers, next steps, action items, and change requests
- Manage the schedules of key product releases and projects, schedule meetings as requested, and run associated meetings.
- Responsible for meeting notes and following up on any resulting action items.
- Proactively respond to information and requests from both within and outside of the department.
- Work with leadership, both remote and local, to maintain a positive environment and good morale.
- Predict scope creep and alert management as soon as possible.
- Ensure changes to projects are well understood and approved by key stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain a usable and well-communicated schedule for all phases of a project and report out to management.
- Manage a variety of projects, including software launches, hardware rollouts, and other high priority endeavors within the organization.
- Prepare and present project reports as needed to the PIX Executive Team as well as others within the organization.
- Iteratively evaluate if individuals, teams, and clients are working together efficiently to meet goals.
- Document and track project risks and raise to stakeholders.
- Make recommendations to adjust individual Scope, Schedule, and Cost components during a project to ensure it stays on track for all deliverables.
- 4 year degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 2-4 years of related work experience that demonstrates good organizational skills, a strong attention to detail, and timely follow-through.
- Adaptable with the ability to prioritize evolving tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with strong verbal and written communication.
- Lead others in having a 'can do' attitude while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Able to work collaboratively or autonomously as necessary.
- Basic understanding of software engineering development or filmmaking.
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence required.
- Experience working with distributed/remote teams is a plus.
- Experience in a software development environment or with similar projects is a plus.
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.