Junior Software Engineer
Wellington, New Zealand
Codex – Software Engineering - Codex
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As a Junior Software Engineer you will be reporting to a lead software engineer, you will be expected to be proactive in managing assigned development tasks, to communicate progress effectively, and to work closely with other team members.
- Extend the existing codebase and migrate legacy components to new architectures.
- Integrate internal and third-party components to build out functionality.
- Produce automated tests to ensure quality, performance, and scalability.
- Write design, usage, and troubleshooting documentation for a diverse audience including Engineering, QA and Support teams.
- Participate in code reviews and audits.
- Engage in research tasks and develop software components and test cases under the guidance of Senior staff.
- Coordinate with team members to ensure timely delivery of software that meets agreed requirements.
- 2+ years of professional development experience.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- Firm grasp of object-oriented design concepts and design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of a modern OO/procedural language (C++, Java, ObjC, C#, …).
- Capable with git version control.
- Fluent in English; Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with a distributed/remote team.
Additional or preferred experience
- Developing for a range of platforms: macOS, Linux, Windows, tvOS, iOS, Android.
- Familiarity with image processing on CPU and GPU.
- Media processing frameworks, e.g. OpenFX, Apple FxPlug, Autodesk Sparks, …
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.