Engineering Team Lead
Software Engineering - PIX – Web
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. We also provide personalized service in the rapidly evolving production landscape, ensuring creative continuity and reduced project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire creative process.
Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
As the leader of the Web Applications team at PIX, you will be the keystone for development and delivery of our core web application, as well as our web-stack based desktop application.
Our products enable deep collaboration across the lifecycle of film and television production. HTML5 video with cross-browser DRM, frame accurate playback & annotation, review & approval workflows, and granular role-based permissions and security are some of the key technical challenges you'll face building and growing our product. PIX works on highly confidential projects, and so you’ll also be exceptionally trustworthy and discreet.
You've led teams of front-end engineers in a mission-critical environment, delivering secure and usable features while advocating for technical excellence and clean, maintainable codebases.
You’ll care first and foremost about the success, health, and growth of your team.
Our apps are used by some of the most creative and visually acute users on the planet - feature film directors, VFX artists, producers, and the like. PIX is installed at virtually every major studio and production facility.
- Leading the team that owns the delivery of our core web and web-based desktop application at PIX.
- Organize the team for success with strong process, personal growth plans for individuals, and proper planning.
- Mentor and coach team members, local and remote.
- Work with our development team to architect and implement improvements and new features.
- Work with our product and design teams to scope out, plan, resource and deliver high-quality experiences for our users.
- Help be a driving force for improvements.
- Lead sprint planning and daily team scrums.
- Work with the Account Management team to quickly resolve customer issues.
- Hands on leader, passionate about mentorship, and versed in the latest front-end development best practices.
- At least 1-2 years experience managing a team of front-end developers.
- Experience working with distributed/remote teams.
- At least 4 years professional experience developing complex web applications.
- Professional experience with React/Redux preferred.
- Excellent project management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of modern web application development best practices, frameworks, and tooling.
- Experience with HTML5 media and/or DRM a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web applications build infrastructure.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the entire modern software development life-cycle and associated tools.
- Excellent attention to detail; very thorough work habits with good follow through.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience working with a distributed/remote team.
- Must be willing to work at the HQ location in San Francisco.
- Competitive salary and bonus program.
- Exceptional vacation and holiday plan.
- Competitive medical benefits.
- Employee equity and 401(k) plans.
- Downtown SF - close to BART, Muni, Caltrain.
- Commuter Benefit Plan.
- Active Fun Team with full calendar of social events.
- Commitment to professional development.
- and more...
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.