Engineering – Engineering Management /
We are entertainment technology companies that partner with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a suite of secure communication and content management solutions. Our award-winning products for the media and entertainment industries include production solutions as well as high-performance recording and workflow tools in support of the leading camera vendors for feature, television, and commercial production. Designed for filmmakers by filmmakers.
At X2X we are passionate about inclusion, we want all employees to feel encouraged to be themselves and believe that this inspires creativity and innovation. X2X is an equal opportunities employer with a focus on inclusivity and equality for all.
AS X2X’s Engineering Manager you will be responsible for managing multiple cross-function delivery teams, with a focus on technical excellence and high-performance culture. We are looking for someone who is professional, high achieving, with a positive attitude that inspires others. It is important that you work well with others and share core values of innovation, excellence and integrity.
- Manage development and delivery of technology solutions.
- Maintain coding and development standards, ensuring solutions are suitably assured and of quality.
- Develop and maintain effective ways of working throughout the Budapest office and with other X2X offices.
- Provide support and mentoring to technical team leads, including talent and succession planning.
- To support the Technology Development Strategy to meet organization goals and objectives, and to improve the quality of service it delivers both internally and externally.
- Create and maintain a professional culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and focus on delivering excellence, quality and value for the customer and business.
- Responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by teams, ensuring it aligns with Company and IT Strategy – and projects are delivered following the businesses governance process.
- Responsible for acquisition and management of talent within a team, ensuring appropriate blend and breadth of skills aligned to current and future technology roadmaps.
- Maintain detailed application and domain knowledge to support technical teams, as appropriate
- Use Agile methodologies to maintain a strong focus on delivery priorities, holding others to account for delivery, and swiftly responding to changing requirements.
- Lead and develop high performing teams, supporting Agile working practices, and a digital delivery culture.
- Promote resilience and responsiveness in the organisation by being open and honest about challenges, and the actions required to address unexpected developments.
- Gather and report detailed performance data against key indicators, to generate actionable improvements to the quality of service offered.
- Act as a ‘change lead’ for Digital Acceleration initiatives and other projects, as and when required.
- Identify, manage and seek to resolve technical risks and issues against business requirements.
- Build knowledge, capacity and capability within teams, promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- 5-6 years experience in a similar manager role
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex project / delivery management in a commercial environment
- Proven excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills - passion for relationship building and stakeholders
- Good facilitation skills
- Good team management skills - able to remove blockers for the team and maintain team dynamics
- Awareness of Agile, digital and technical products
- Agile & scrum experience
- Experience working in an international organisation with global teams
X2X Limited and X2X, LLC (collectively “X2X”) are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect that is free from discrimination, unlawful harassment, and offensiveness. X2X prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.