Senior Software Engineer - Network Security
Lincoln, NE /
About Xage Security
Xage is the first and only zero trust real-world security company. Powered by the Xage Fabric, the company’s Identity & Access Management (IAM), remote access and dynamic data security solutions allow customers to secure, manage and transform operations. With its distributed, scalable and easy-to-operate Fabric, Xage solves the complex digitization challenges of the real-world operations we rely on. Xage customers include leaders in manufacturing, energy O&G, utilities, Space, logistics and transportation.
About the role
This is a software development role that gives the opportunity of championing the design of path-breaking information security products that address key gaps in security for the Internet of Things. Xage’s product is a unique application of blockchain technology, which leverages the decentralization properties to put adversaries in a position of disadvantage. The role is pivotal to delivering thought leadership, reliability of the product and robustness of its design and architecture.
- Take ownership of projects and initiatives and ensure high quality of deliverables.
- Define, develop and maintain the deployment process and tools for Xage solution spanning across both IT, OT and Cloud environments.
- Provide ongoing support and improve the system health and reliability.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and adopt best practices for highly scalable and distributed and autonomous systems.
Skills and Experience
- Strong experience in software development in networking using sockets, packet tracing, client/server.
- In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of LAN, WAN, firewalls, routers, VPN, IPSec and software development frameworks such as OpenVSwitch, Strongswan.
- Fundamental working knowledge on multi-threading programming, inter-process communication, socket programming, high performance and low latency programming.
- Knowledgeable in C++/go/Java-based secure coding, vulnerability assessment, threat analysis.
- Hands-on experience with application protocols HTTP, SSH and core concepts on Authentication, certificates, TLS, etc.
- Experience in crypto, PKI, Microservice architecture and large scale infrastructure.
- Highly focused on software quality, very strong debugging and troubleshooting skills using tools like tcpdump, wireshark, gdb, valgrind.
- Strong communication skills and experience with the agile software development methodology.
- Expert system level skills on Linux OS such as Ubuntu, Alpine, Red Hat Linux.