Automotive Technician- Senior Mechanic
SkillsAway – Automotive Technician /
Permanent - Full Time
Auto Mechanic Responsibilities:
· Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
· Inspecting vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade.
· Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation, and changes, wheel balancing, and replacing filters.
· Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
· Conducting routine maintenance work aiming at vehicle functionality and longevity.
· Well-versed in complex mechanical or electronic systems of vehicles and have excellent problem-solving abilities.
· Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods.
· Must be able to communicate well to provide advice to customers
· Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
· Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
· Keep logs of work and issues.
Auto Mechanic Requirements:
· 6 – 8 years of proven experience as an auto mechanic.
· Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic components of vehicles.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Additional education, certifications, or experience is preferred.
· Proven ability to diagnose and repair vehicles and follow safety instructions and directions.
· Proficiency with hand tools and other equipment.
· Excellent active listening, problem-solving, and communication skills.
· Self-motivated, independent, and reliable with a strong work ethic