Senior Data Scientist (Computer Vision)
Artificial Intelligence – AI Modeling /
Permanent - Full Time
This is a Remote role.
Headquartered in the UAE and operating across the Middle East, South Asia, Europe, and Australia, XA Group revolutionizes the auto industry, not only by introducing pioneering technologies and bespoke customer service, but also creating new revenue streams for the repair market.
To power these new revenue streams, we are incubating an ambitious R&D initiative spanning integrated hardware and software solutions to solve the most pressing problems in the automotive industry. Our current solutions include towing software, IoT-ready repair cabins, damage estimation AI technology, and claims negotiation technology for insurance companies. We package these innovative technologies to make the interaction between policyholders, insurance companies, and Bodyshops more automated and efficient.
In this role, you will work with cutting-edge technologies, research new areas, think out of the box, and inspire engineers working with you to do the same. You will create the technological future of automotive insurance and small damage repair space.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support the design & architecture of core AI/ML modules that power the highly differentiated products by leveraging Deep Learning, Classical Machine Learning and system architecture expertise. ·
- Work with a highly energetic and qualified team of AI experts in a fast-paced environment.
- Hold the responsibility for all deliverables produced by you. Conduct accuracy audits, stress testing to ensure that the AI models you deliver are robust, accurate and efficient.
- Keep abreast of the latest technological trends related to ML and AI.
- Prepare yourself to become a recognized thought leader in at least one niche of your interest.
- Learn and grow as a well-rounded AI/ML practitioner by being exposed to a broad variety of AI/ML problems, the highest level of rigor and experience with owning some of the most challenging AI/ML projects in the field.
- Be proud of the work you are doing and the impact it is having.
To thrive in this role, you should:
- Have BE / BTech / BS / ME / MS in engineering, mathematics or computer science.
- Have 5+ years of experience as a (senior) data scientist working on computer vision topics with at least 1.5 years in OCR or NLP.
- Have hands-on experience with Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe, DeepStream, etc.
- Have a strong foundation in core Computer Vision, Deep Learning, ML and Statistical Inference concepts.
- Be experienced in guiding junior members of the team.
- You’re also eager to pick up new technologies such as unsupervised learning.
- Have an experience in GANs and Synthetic data generation.
- You can read an ML / AI paper, understand it in a good depth, and quickly implement the core concept.
- Enjoy spending hours coding away on a terminal. Preferably in Python, C, C++.
- You think-through the design of your algorithm to avoid logical flaws and redundancies.
- You love brevity, but never trade readability for brevity. Git push is your hygiene routine, just like brushing your teeth every day.
- Carry a healthy obsession for testing, reproducibility and rigor in general. For developing any new feature / module, you habitually start by first writing code for the test-cases _before_ you start writing the algorithm module.
- You always fret about 'reproducibility' of your results on “un-seen” data and put in the necessary mechanisms to ensure the same.
- Be familiar with Data Pipeline Engineering and ML-Ops Concepts.
- An owner’s mindset - you don’t shy away from the hard stuff.
- Scrappiness, can-do attitude, and the confidence to just get stuff done.
- Results orientated and a business mindset.
- Prior experience with automotive InsureTech, damage detection, small damage repairs domain is a plus.
- Prior experience with Synthetic data generation in an operational context is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with deploying the models and algorithms on Azure ML is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Data Pipeline Engineering, and ML Ops is a plus.