Software Engineering Manager
Metro Detroit /
X by 2 is a team of software engineers, designers, leads and architects, bilingual in business and technology, who set the standard for software excellence in the insurance and healthcare industries. Careers with X by 2 offer rapid growth, constant learning, and the immediate chance to make an impact. It’s a true meritocracy – fueled by a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
We're looking for software engineers that have started playing project team management and leadership roles and continue to seek accelerated career opportunities and challenging problems to solve.
- Play team lead / project manager roles in architecting, designing, developing, testing and rolling out core business applications and data/analytics solutions for insurance and healthcare clients.
- Participate in strategy and roadmap engagements, product/framework evaluation and selection, implementation planning and mobilization, resource, scope, timeline and budget management for software projects.
- Facilitate and drive activities, meetings and communication between: Client Business/IT stakeholders, Program Managers, fellow Team Leads, Architects, Technical Leads and Developers.
- Experience managing and leading software projects using agile philosophy and various agile methodologies
- Strong organization and management skills around people and processes as it relates to software development
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to travel on an occasional basis, as local and possibly out-of-state travel is required. Due to COVID, this position is currently remote.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related is preferred.
- Agile approach – emphasis on good people, continuous delivery of value, close collaboration with clients
- Learning and reuse by leveraging patterns and frameworks
- Deliver results by playing key leadership roles on capable teams focused on full life-cycle from discovery and planning through implementation and launch
- No technology bias and no affiliations with vendors – we use the technologies and approaches that make sense for our clients
- Constant learning – adding modern technologies, frameworks, tools and products to our tool belt
Work Environment and Culture
- Be surrounded by smart talented people with shared values of continually challenging, investing in, and stretching themselves to new levels
- Collaborate with seasoned architects to solve problems and to challenge assumptions
- Work in small teams with opportunities for rapid growth and accelerated responsibilities driven purely by individual performance
- Everyone has a voice and is always encouraged to engage in shaping the company by sharing their interests, ideas, and feedback
Benefits and Perks
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life, Disability
- 401(k) with employer match
- Annual reviews, raises, and promotions based on individual performance
- Programs: Professional Development, Wellness, Professional Dress allowance
- Discretionary Points and Travel Points redeemable for cash or additional time off
- Company sponsored social events for employees and families
- Work-Life Balance: PTO, unlimited sick days, paid holidays
To all recruitment agencies: X by 2 does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, X by 2 employees or any other organization location. X by 2 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.