Software Engineering Technical Lead
Metro Detroit /
X by 2 is a team of software engineers, designers, leads and architects, bilingual in business and technology, who set the standard for software excellence in the insurance and healthcare industries. Careers with X by 2 offer rapid growth, constant learning, and the immediate chance to make an impact. It’s a true meritocracy – fueled by a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
We're looking for people that have started playing technical leadership roles and seek accelerated career opportunities and challenging problems to solve.
- Play tech lead / architect roles in architecting, designing, developing, testing and rolling out core business applications and data/analytics solutions for insurance and healthcare clients.
- Participate in strategy and roadmap engagements, software architecture definition, product/framework evaluation for software projects.
- Quickly learn to use new tools, technologies and platforms across various technology stacks as needed for the project to develop prototypes and proof-of-concepts.
- Mentor and perform design reviews and code reviews for developers on the team
- Collaborate with fellow Developers, Technical Leads and Architects on architecture, design and development.
- Experience technically leading software projects
- Curiosity and awareness of technological trends and patterns in enterprise software development
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related is preferred.
- Agile approach – emphasis on good people, continuous delivery of value, close collaboration with clients
- Learning and reuse by leveraging patterns and frameworks
- Deliver results by playing key leadership roles on capable teams focused on full life-cycle from discovery and planning through implementation and launch
- No technology bias and no affiliations with vendors – we use the technologies and approaches that make sense for our clients
- Constant learning – adding modern technologies, frameworks, tools and products to our tool belt
Work Environment and Culture
- Be surrounded by smart talented people with shared values of continually challenging, investing in, and stretching themselves to new levels
- Collaborate with seasoned architects to solve problems and to challenge assumptions
- Work in small teams with opportunities for rapid growth and accelerated responsibilities driven purely by individual performance
- Everyone has a voice and is always encouraged to engage in shaping the company by sharing their interests, ideas, and feedback
- Home Office Reimbursement
- Professional Self-Development Program
- Health and Wellness Reimbursement
- Professional Dress Allowance
- Employees can also earn points through recognition, travel and more, to redeem for unique experiences.
- Company-sponsored social events
- Hybrid remote model allows the flexibility to work remotely as much as desired.
- Paid time off for vacation, unlimited sick days (as needed) and holidays
- Annual raises and promotions based solely on individual performance and a compensation package that well exceeds the industry average for top performers.
- 401(k) with employer match
- Health (including prescriptions), Vision, Dental, Life, and Disability
- Insurance Coverage
- Voluntary benefits package including telemedicine, PetCare, chiropractic, lab testing, and alternative medicine.
- HSA with employer direct contribution
To all recruitment agencies: X by 2 does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, X by 2 employees or any other organization location. X by 2 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.