Senior UX/UI Designer
Metro Detroit /
X by 2 is an IT consulting firm comprised of strategists, software architects and designers. Through cutting-edge technology, advanced data analytics and human-centric design, we help insurers and healthcare organizations meet the demands of today’s digital consumer.
We're looking for a highly creative, detail-oriented Experience/User Interface Designer able to create compelling interface and experience solutions, information architecture and/or interaction models for web and mobile environments. The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong problem-solving capabilities and a growing consulting skillset, including the ability to work effectively with clients and drive informed business and design solutions.
- Assist in forming design-related project and business goals with teammates and stakeholders
- Assist in creating UX deliverables such as user workflows, information architecture, and interaction models
- Collaborate effectively to fulfill project goals while following design process methodologies
- Create and revise pixel design user-experience and interface solutions
- Create and manage deliverable documentations such as style-guides, process-guides, or education tools
- Foster collaborative relationships with project teammates and stakeholders
- 2-5 years of design-related experience, creating user-experiences and user-interfaces across form-factor considerations
- Expert knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, OmniGraffle, and other design tools
- A good understanding of web, software, and application development processes and methodologies
- Technology and design trend awareness
- Strong self-motivation skills and the ability to build momentum and pivot in difficult situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both client and internal settings
- An understanding of experience design-related deliverables such as information architecture, workflow ideation, and pixel design development
- Agile approach – emphasis on good people, continuous delivery of value, close collaboration with clients
- Learning and reuse by leveraging patterns and frameworks
- Deliver results by playing key leadership roles on capable teams focused on full life-cycle from discovery and planning through implementation and launch
- No technology bias and no affiliations with vendors – we use the technologies and approaches that make sense for our clients
- Constant learning – adding modern technologies, frameworks, tools and products to our tool belt
Work Environment and Culture
- Surround yourself with smart, talented people who value being challenged and are driven to grow
- Reach your career goals more quickly with a company that invests in your success
- Collaborate in a small team structure with growth driven purely by individual performance
- Have a voice in shaping the company; sharing interests, ideas, and feedback is always encouraged
- Home Office Reimbursement
- Professional Self-Development Program
- Health and Wellness Reimbursement
- Professional Dress Allowance
- Employees can also earn points through recognition, travel and more, to redeem for unique experiences.
- Company-sponsored social events
- Hybrid remote model allows the flexibility to work remotely as much as desired.
- Paid time off for vacation, unlimited sick days (as needed) and holidays
- Annual raises and promotions based solely on individual performance and a compensation package that well exceeds the industry average for top performers.
- 401(k) with employer match
- Health (including prescriptions), Vision, Dental, Life, and Disability
- Insurance Coverage
- Voluntary benefits package including telemedicine, PetCare, chiropractic, lab testing, and alternative medicine.
- HSA with employer direct contribution