Senior Software Engineer
X by 2 is a team of software architecture specialists, bilingual in business and technology, who set the standard for architecture excellence in the insurance and healthcare industries. Careers with X by 2 offer rapid growth, constant learning, and the immediate chance to make an impact. It’s a true meritocracy – fueled by a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
We're looking for people that have been playing the role of senior data modeler/ETL developer, senior software engineer but seek accelerated opportunities to become data architects; people with a passion for data, technology and the desire to learn and grow, architect and design enterprise data solutions.
- Participate in architecture definition, product selection, and application design.
- Play key roles in large projects. Senior Developer. Mentor. Technical Leader. Technical Project Manager.
- Participate and provide leadership in all phases of a project from discovery and planning through implementation and delivery.
- Design and develop core business applications for insurance, healthcare and other clients.
- Wear many hats and gain experience with tools, technologies and platforms across many technology stacks.
- Work closely and share ideas with fellow Developers and Architects.
- Learn new things, and grow rapidly from constant exposure to innovative ideas, concepts, and patterns.
- Must have a computer science/software engineering background (degree and/or experience)
- Knowledge and experience using enterprise application, integration and design patterns
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel on an occasional basis, as local and possibly out-of-state travel is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related is required
- Agile approach – emphasis on good people, continuous delivery of value, close collaboration with clients
- Learning and reuse by leveraging patterns and frameworks
- Deliver results by playing key leadership roles on capable teams focused on full life-cycle from discovery and planning through implementation and launch
- No technology bias and no affiliations with vendors – we use the technologies and approaches that make sense for our clients
- Constant learning – adding modern technologies, frameworks, tools and products to our tool belt
Work Environment and Culture
- Be surrounded by smart talented people with shared values of continually challenging, investing in, and stretching themselves to new levels
- Collaborate with seasoned architects to solve problems and to challenge assumptions
- Work in small teams with opportunities for rapid growth and accelerated responsibilities driven purely by individual performance
- Open environment, flat organization, flexibility, and no hierarchical structures
- Everyone has a voice and is always encouraged to engage in shaping the company by sharing their interests, ideas, and feedback
Benefits and Perks
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life, Disability
- RRSP with employer match
- Annual reviews, raises, and promotions
- Programs: Professional Development, Wellness, Professional Dress allowance
- Discretionary Points and Travel Points redeemable for cash or additional time off
- Company sponsored social events for employees and families
- Work-Life Balance: flexible hours, vacation days, sick days, personal days, holidays
- Travel Expense Reimbursement – mileage, car/train, flight, hotel, food etc.
- Travel Allowance Program – public transportation/toll roads, etc.