X by 2 is a team of software architecture specialists, bilingual in business and technology, who set the standard for architecture excellence in the insurance and healthcare industries.
We're looking for a Hadoop Developer to join an ongoing X by 2 project with an insurance client located in Lansing, Michigan. As a contractor, you would be working side-by-side with X by 2's consulting team and our client's development team to implement a Data Lake environment on top of Hadoop. The project’s goal is to ingest all policy data from various source systems, run quality checks, transform, conform and produce data marts that will be used for both operational and analytical reporting/analysis. This contract is for a minimum of 1 year with a potential opportunity to extend.
- Troubleshoot and debug Hadoop ecosystem run time issues.
- Collaborate in developing best practices/templates/patterns.
- Mentor other team members.
- Build reliable, scalable and maintainable data pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience is preferred
- 4+ years of IT experience
- 1+ years hands-on development in big data technologies
- Open to travel as required
Required Technical Qualifications
- Experience with Hortonworks Data Platform.
- Solid understanding of Hadoop architecture.
- Solid understanding of ETL, its variations and data warehousing techniques
- Experience in Data Warehouse and BI Analytics.
- Hands on experience with HiveQL and Hive optimization techniques
- Hands on experience with Spark libraries
Preferred Technical Qualifications
- Knowledge of ingestion from Kafka topics
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as HBase.
- Experience working in Agile Environment.
- Experience working with REST API.
- Hands-on experience with Java and Python.
- Agile approach – emphasis on good people, continuous delivery of value, close collaboration with clients
- Learning and reuse by leveraging patterns and frameworks
- Deliver results by playing key leadership roles on capable teams focused on full life-cycle from discovery and planning through implementation and launch
- No technology bias and no affiliations with vendors – we use the technologies and approaches that make sense for our clients
- Constant learning – adding modern technologies, frameworks, tools and products to our tool belt
Work Environment and Culture
- Be surrounded by smart talented people with shared values of continually challenging, investing in, and stretching themselves to new levels
- Collaborate with seasoned architects to solve problems and to challenge assumptions
- Work in small teams with opportunities for rapid growth and accelerated responsibilities driven purely by individual performance
- Open environment, flat organization, flexibility, and no hierarchical structures
- Everyone has a voice and is always encouraged to engage in shaping the company by sharing their interests, ideas, and feedback