Security Software Engineer (old)
San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep, meaningful insights from data. Our mission is to become the de facto standard for next generation big data processing and analytics engines. We are building our products to have a significant and positive impact on the lives of people, the world they live in, and on industry and commerce. Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire Security Software Engineers to join the team! In this role, you will be a critical part of our engineering team, developing product features throughout the entire stack of our product suite, with a focus on security. Xcalar’s engineering team is responsible for developing a game changing product that will revolutionize how big data is parsed, processed, and visualized in the financial services industry, government institutions, and high-tech enterprises.
- Design, develop and extend the security framework on which the Xcalar product line is built for secure unified access control, for both on-premises and in the cloud
- Work closely with the the cloud team to architect and build robust cloud security solutions, for the 3 main public clouds (GCP, AWS and Azure), as well as enterprises’ private cloud
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle from product definition and design, through implementation and testing
- Integrate Xcalar’s products into customer’s security ecosystem and ensure deployment passes the most stringent security audits.
- Build and extend security adapters to connect our products to customers’ identity management system, entitlement systems, and/or access control systems. Examples of such systems include Microsoft Active Directory and Identity and Access Management (IAM) on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Create clear and concise documentation for all the work performed, including design documents, architecture documents, technical notes, bug fixes, etc.
- Work with automation team and help with issue triage and resolution as needed during the product development process
- Focus on delivering the highest levels of robustness, performance, modularity, and simplicity in a fast-paced agile development environment
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years within a software engineering role
- Strong understanding of access control within 1 of the following environments: Microsoft AD, IAM on AWS, and/or Kerberos on Unix
- Familiarity with SELinux a big plus
- Familiarity with OAuth2 a big plus
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience working on security in a database product
- Experience with securing a web application stack (from front-end, to middleware, to back-end)
For Xcalar Compute Engine Security Engineer:
For Xcalar Design Security Engineer: