Senior Field Engineer
San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data. Our mission is to provide a platform for developing & operationalizing complex business logic with AI & ML to analyze and manage the world’s information with unprecedented simplicity, speed and scale. Due to our continued growth and demand from companies who are trying to democratize access to analytics and insights over the big data, we are looking to hire a Senior Field Engineer.
As a core member of this team, you will:
1) Work directly with customers to deliver innovative technical solutions,
2) Install, upgrade, and maintain the Xcalar product at customer sites,
3) Work closely with Xcalar Support and Xcalar Engineering to ensure customer satisfaction.
*Principals only, no recruiters please*
- Define, analyze, and design complete technical solutions that exceed client expectations. Help extend Xcalar’s product to meet the customer’s needs and advance the company's sales efforts.
- Install, upgrade, and maintain the Xcalar product at customer sites; on-prem or in the cloud.
- Work closely with Xcalar technical support to ensure timely response, customer satisfaction, and customer success with Xcalar products.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with client technical and business leaders.
- Train customers and partners to fully leverage the Xcalar platform.
- As a technical customer advocate, work with product managers, software developers, and engineering leadership to ensure customers can derive maximum value from Xcalar products.
- Conduct early product testing for usability, performance, and stability of new features.
- Curate deployment best practices for the overall Xcalar user community.
- Create clear and concise documentation for all work performed and lessons learned, including architecture/design/functional documents, technical notes, internal application notes, bug fixes, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience engineering enterprise solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience working with customers at a technical level.
- Proficiency with Python and familiarity with programming patterns, algorithms and data models.
- Proficiency with SQL.
- Strong background in Unix/Linux systems and concepts.
- Strong troubleshooting, performance triaging, and log analysis skills.
- Deep understanding of relational databases, data warehousing and data analytics.
- Self-starter capable of taking ownership of projects, defining successful approaches and driving them from start to finish.
- Ability to handle priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality, with full commitment to best software engineering practices and a passion for quality.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other technical major.
- Some travel may be required.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka and other Big Data technologies.
- Experience with data analytics, data science, machine learning, data preparation and scale-out computing.
- Experience with system tuning and debugging, including I/O, CPU, and distributed systems.
- Experience with data visualizations using Tableau, Qlik or other Business Intelligence tools.
- Experience building and delivering software demonstrations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Expertise in one of the following languages: Scala, Java, C/C++ or similar languages.
- Some experience with cloud technologies such as: MS Azure, Google Cloud and AWS.
- Financial and Banking or other Industry experience.
Xcalar is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Xcalar considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class.
Please reference http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and