Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data, and our mission is to become the de facto standard for next generation Big Data Processing and Analytics Engines.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire Test Engineers to join our team! In this role, you will be a critical part of our engineering team, developing QA tests and infrastructure.
Xcalar’s engineering team is responsible for developing the products used in financial services industry, government institutions and pharmaceutical companies to provide timely insights in production, and hence has to be highly reliable and scalable. All of us in Engineering take pride in the code that we write, and we go to lengths to ensure our products are dependable and robust because any bugs can major disruptions.
- Develop and automate tests for various aspects of the Xcalar Data Warehousing product
- Measure code coverage of the tests
- Develop automated test infrastructure for functional tests, regression tests and nightly tests
- Develop performance test harness
- Develop API level tests
- Report test results through bugs and test database
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Deep knowledge of test infrastructure such as Bamboo, Pyunit, Selenium or similar
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in high-performance teams
- Interested in working at a small, fast-moving, early stage startup
Xcalar is an exciting, early-stage, Series A, well-funded, Big Data, software startup in hyper-growth mode.
The Xcalar product suite comprises the following:
- Xcalar Data Platform, a scale-out analytics platform for data engineers, data scientists, and business analysts
- Xcalar Virtual Data Warehouse, a scale-out data warehouse for operational analytics
Xcalar is an open and extensible analytics platform that delivers actionable insights with simplicity, speed, and scale. Its patented technologies provide a cloud-scale platform for the complete analytics pipeline including data preparation, data science, data warehousing, and ad-hoc analytics. Xcalar’s enterprise grade software scales to hundreds of nodes, thousands of users, and petabytes of data, for both cloud and on-premises deployments.
Xcalar uniquely extends native relational algebra on a scale-out platform for modern data, giving enterprises the ability to intuitively discover insights using a variety of open programming languages, interactive model design, as well as traditional SQL. It provides visibility, access, and auditability with sophisticated data lineage through all stages of the analytics pipeline.
Xcalar provides a comprehensive platform for analyzing and processing big data.