New York, NY
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data. Our mission is to become the de facto standard for next generation big data processing and analytics engines. Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire a Solutions Engineer.
As a core member of this team, you will build killer demos and case studies, and help develop a game-changing product that will revolutionize how big data is parsed, processed, and visualized in the financial services industry, government institutions, and high-tech enterprises. You will work with clients to architect solutions, and contribute to the core engineering workstream extending our product that enables customers to discover deep insights from big data.
*Principals only, no recruiters please*
- Build killer demos and case studies that demonstrate how Xcalar can be used to push technology boundaries to the limit, achieving what was not possible.
- Define, analyze, and design technical solutions to the customer’s business problems. Help extend Xcalar’s product to meet the customer’s needs and advance the company's sales efforts.
- Be creative. Think through problems, prototype solutions, and show people the way.
- Deliver successful POCs with prospective customers.
- Develop and maintain deep technical expertise in the Xcalar product portfolioWork with Xcalar’s world-class engineering team, who design and build high performance analytics systems, tools, and services.
- Work on UI design and product definition that leads, influences, and adds key value to the Xcalar product line and collaborate with frontend and backend engineers.
- Help build and bring to market the next generation big data analytics platform that interactively explores a trillion rows of data using relational operations, algorithmic modeling, and machine learning.
- Create clear and concise documentation for all the work performed, including design documents, architecture documents, technical notes, internal application notes, and bug fixes, etc.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of six years’ experience with engineering enterprise solutions
- Extensive Capital Markets, Regulatory, Banking, Trading Services, Asset & Wealth Management, or other Financial and Banking Industry experience
- Expertise in Python
- Deep understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Understanding of big data, analytics, data science, machine learning, data preparation, scale-out computing, data warehousing, and business intelligence
- Experience with MS Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, Hadoop, Spark, and Linux
- Great communication skills, being able to speak to both technical and business counterparts on the client side and explain technology and solutions architecture
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other technical major
- Some travel required
Xcalar is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Xcalar considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class. Please reference http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and