Channel Sales Manager
San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data. Our mission is to become the de facto standard for next generation big data processing and analytics engines.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire a Channel Sales Manager in the SF Bay area. The ideal candidate must be able to effectively win, maintain, and expand relationships with channel partners. Assigned to channel partners based on their geography, channel, vertical or market, you are responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives.
The Channel Sales Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned partners, though you may focus on a specific solution or product in opportunities with a partner. This is a highly visible, sales leadership position that reports to the VP Finance and Growth.
The ideal candidate either has experience working with a partner to create a new service that combines your employer’s product with the parter’s product in a tight integration of the two, or experience working with a small System Integrator to create a new practice.
- Identify and establish relationships with system integrators, OEMs, resellers, technology companies, and government agencies who can help Xcalar generate revenue and build brand recognition
- Respond to partner technical and marketing requests
- Develop and manage partners’ marketing and sales events
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts
- Establish relationships with SI (system integrators) and other partners that have worked extensively with government agencies
- Work with marketing to build channel-specific marketing and sales collateral
- Work with Xcalar product and engineering to prioritize channel product feature needs and communicate roadmap with channel partners
- Think creatively and create innovative channel programs (e.g. join selling, online marketing, vertical industry solutions/templates)
- Sell through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources
- Meet sales quota and assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in partner accounts
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Enlist the support of sales managers, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed
- Closely coordinate Xcalar executive involvement with partner and end-customer management as appropriate
- Work closely with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution
- Ensure partner compliance with partner agreements
- Maintain high partner satisfaction ratings that meet Xcalar standards
- Complete required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
- This position may have direct reports assigned to support responsibilities within specific partner accounts
- BA/BS from an accredited institution
- 5+ yrs B2B channel sales in Enterprise software
- Preferably with big data, data warehousing, or analytics software
- Demonstrated achievement of sales quota of $2MM+
- Experience structuring technical partnerships
- Ability to understand and hit the ground running with a complicated technology product
- Proficiency with Salesforce and other online marketing tools (webinar, email marketing)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interested in working at a small, fast-moving, early stage Tech startup
- Ability to travel 25% - 50%
- Loves to sell, great attitude, high-energy, polished, mature, good sense of humor
- All prospective employees must pass a background check
DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience with Government partners
- Ability to speak Mandarin
Xcalar is an exciting, early-stage, Series A, well-funded, Big Data, software startup in hyper-growth mode.
The Xcalar product suite comprises the following:
- Xcalar Data Platform, a scale-out analytics platform for data engineers, data scientists, and business analysts
- Xcalar Virtual Data Warehouse, a scale-out data warehouse for operational analytics
Xcalar is an open and extensible analytics platform that delivers actionable insights with simplicity, speed, and scale. Its patented technologies provide a cloud-scale platform for the complete analytics pipeline including data preparation, data science, data warehousing, and ad-hoc analytics. Xcalar’s enterprise grade software scales to hundreds of nodes, thousands of users, and petabytes of data, for both cloud and on-premises deployments.
Xcalar uniquely extends native relational algebra on a scale-out platform for modern data, giving enterprises the ability to intuitively discover insights using a variety of open programming languages, interactive model design, as well as traditional SQL. It provides visibility, access, and auditability with sophisticated data lineage through all stages of the analytics pipeline.
Xcalar provides a comprehensive platform for analyzing and processing big data.