Sr. Manager / Director, Software Engineering
San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data. We have built a next-generation open and extensible analytics platform and a modern day DW for the complete analytics pipeline. This includes data preparation/quality, virtual data warehousing, large-scale interactive analytics, data science, and workload operationalization. Users interactively build dataflows using visual design, SQL, and structured programming, and execute them at petabyte scale. Xcalar's enterprise-grade software scales to hundreds of nodes and thousands of users for both cloud and on-premises deployments. It provides visibility, access, and auditability, with sophisticated data lineage through all stages of the data transformation process. Patented technologies deliver actionable insights with simplicity, speed, and scale.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire a Sr. Manager / Director, Software Engineering to join our team. In this role, you will be helping us shape evolution of our products that delight our customers.
*Principals only, no recruiters please*
- Manage a team of software engineers with responsibility to deliver core components of the backend of the Xcalar Data Platform including the database operations, microkernel, SDK and I/O.
- Hire senior developers and architects into the team along with a mix of more junior engineers
- Deliver software releases in an agile method at regular cadence with enterprise level quality and performance
- Collaborate with peer managers, product managers, support and field teams
- Be hands on with the product in terms of usability, testing, triage and design aspects
- Provide mentorship to team members and build strong teamwork culture
- Assess performance of team and provide feedback on a regular basis
Desired Skills and Experience
- 6+ years in management with a strong track record
- Previous experience in Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, Big Data
- Experience in fast paced startup companies with high velocity development and growing engineering team rapidly
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong technical skills with proficient people management skills
- Agile methodology background with scrum master experience
- Experience in performance management and running highly productive teams
- Strong communications skills
Xcalar is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Xcalar considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class.
Please reference http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and