Software Engineer - Database Internals
San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover meaningful insights from modern data. Our mission is to be the industry standard for next generation big data processing and analytics engines. We are looking to hire Database Internals Software Engineers to join us.
As a Database Internals Software Engineer, you will be a crucial member of our engineering team, developing software that extends Xcalar’s instruction set architecture into complex SQL operators using modern languages.
Xcalar’s engineering team is responsible for developing a cutting-edge product that will transform how big data is parsed, processed, and visualized in the financial services industry, government institutions, and high-tech enterprises.
*Principals only, no recruiters please*
- Design and develop core database functions to optimize Xcalar’s instruction set architecture that provide an SQL interface to our distributed database microkernel
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including system testing and performance assessment
- Deliver the highest levels of robustness, performance, scalability, modularity, and simplicity in a distributed, multi-threaded environment
- Work with engineering leadership to ensure the design and development are on track and meet our product goals and quality metrics
- Create clear and concise documentation for all the work performed, including architecture and design documents, code comments, technical notes, internal application notes, bug fixes, and root cause analysis
- Write automated tests and help with issue triage and resolution as needed during the product development process
- Experience with database internals such as transactions, indexing, schema design, concurrency, availability and distributed systems development
- Experience in C++
- Strong data structures and algorithm skills
- Knowledge of Query execution, plans and optimization
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in high-performance teams
- Interested in working at a fast-paced, early-stage startup
- M.S. or Ph.D. with 5+ years’ experience in database internals development
Xcalar is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Xcalar considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class.
Please reference http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and