San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data. Our mission is to be the industry standard for next generation data processing and discovery, powered by our scalable, relational analytics engine. We are building our products to have a significant and positive impact on the lives of people, the world they live in, and on industry and commerce.
We have an immediate need for SDK Engineers in our San Jose HQ location. You must be passionate about customer satisfaction and problem solving. As a charter member of Xcalar Engineering, you will have opportunities for leadership and growth as we build out a world class engineering team.
*Principals only, no recruiters please*
- Design, develop and extend the APIs exposed by Xcalar Compute Engine, our scale-out relational analytic engine. These APIs form the SDK that’s both used internally by engineering, solutions and QA, as well as externally by customers and partners
- Integrating the SDK with our security framework, to ensure APIs are secure
- Testing and maintaining the SDK to ensure backward compatibility and proper API life-cycle management including documentation of newly added APIs and deprecation of older APIs
- Create clear and concise documentation for all the work performed, including design documents, architecture documents, technical notes, bug fixes, etc
- Work with product team and help with issue triage and resolution as needed during the product development process
- Focus on delivering the highest levels of robustness, performance, modularity, and simplicity in a fast-paced agile development environment
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working with an IDL such as Google Protobuf or Apache Thrift.
- 2 years experience as a Tech Lead or managing a team is a bonus
- Experience developing an SDK, such as Google Cloud SDK, a big plus
- Excellent problem solving and large-scale systems debugging skills
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals with sound knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design
- A plus if experienced with big data environment
- Bonus points for experience using Hive, Hadoop, Scalding, Kafka, or Mapreduce
- Comfortable in a small and fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
Xcalar is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Xcalar considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class.
Please reference http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf andhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information.