San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover meaningful insights from data, and our mission is to become the de facto standard for next generation Big Data Processing and Analytics Engines. Due to our continued growth, we have an immediate need for a Technical Writer to join our Tech Pubs team! As a core member of this team, your primary goal will be to enable customers to discover deep insights from big data. As a Technical Writer, you will have the exciting opportunity to work with a stellar team to produce product documentation in a cross-functional environment. The ideal candidate has a technical background that enables him or her to easily interact with software engineers and has a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation.
- Write and produce documentation for the Xcalar Product Suite.
- Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver documentation for Xcalar.
- Conduct peer edits for grammar, style, and form.
- Help define writing projects.
- Own complex documentation projects with minimal supervision and meet tight deadlines with multiple deliverables.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 7+ years in a technical writing or lead writing role
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or related fields
- Five years of experience writing for the Big Data, Data Science, or Enterprise Software audience
- Experience using multiple documentation tools to develop base templates and manage output styles
- Experience working with one or more programming languages, such as Java or Python (preferred)
- Experience with MadCap Flare and use of CSS (highly desirable)
- Experience working directly with Agile software development teams
- Experience following style guides
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills