San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data, and our mission is to become the de facto standard for next generation Big Data Processing and Analytics Engines. Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire Product Engineers!
You will be a critical player in our Product team that will learn, build, and sell high performance modern data analytics software and SaaS services. Xcalar’s product team is responsible for developing a game changing portfolio of offerings that will revolutionize how modern data is prepared, analyzed, and operationalized across many sectors including financial services, manufacturing, government, and high-tech.
The ideal candidate will have technical experience designing, implementing, tuning, and administering one of the following areas: Data warehousing, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, or an end-to-end Big Data analytics pipeline.
This role is for a technical expert. The Product Engineer must have the ability to perform hands-on research and analysis on technologies, work with engineering to shape modern data analytics solutions, and educate customers on Xcalar.
*Principals only, no recruiters please*
- Install, research and maintain modern analytics technologies for testing and experimentation.
- Deeply understand Xcalar internals and test Xcalar products to their limits.
- Represent the customer for developing use case, deployment, and usability requirements.
- Be creative. Think through problems, prototype solutions, and show people the way.
- Build new features, products, and services by working closely with Xcalar’s world-class engineering team.
- Design and code prototypes and demos with Xcalar that push the state of the art for modern data analytics.
- Perform continuous usability and feature testing across Xcalar releases to drive product excellence.
- Deploy, test, and benchmark competitors and alternative technologies.
- Educate customers in meetings, conferences, webinars, blog posts, whitepapers, and more.
- Represent Xcalar at technical conferences, forums, and social media.
- Help build and bring to market the next generation big data analytics platform that interactively explores a trillion rows of data using relational operations, algorithmic modeling, and machine learning.
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep technical understanding of scale-out compute systems and/or databases required.
- Minimum three years of engineering experience in building systems with at least one of the following technologies: Data warehousing, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, or an end-to-end analytics pipeline required.
- Ability to develop prototypes in Python, Java or Scala required.
- Software development experience required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Understanding of big data, analytics, data science, machine learning, data preparation, scale-out computing, data warehousing, and business intelligence.
- Experience with MS Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, and Linux.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to work with all teams in the company.
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or equivalent.
- Some travel required.
Xcalar is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Xcalar considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class. Please reference http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and