San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data. Our mission is to become the de facto standard for next generation big data processing and analytics engines. Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire an Applications and Solutions Engineer.
As a core member of this team, you will build killer demos and case studies, and help develop a game-changing product that will revolutionize how big data is parsed, processed, and visualized in the financial services industry, government institutions, and high-tech enterprises. You will work with clients to architect solutions, and contribute to the core engineering workstream extending our product that enables customers to discover deep insights from big data.
*Principals only, no recruiters please*
- Build killer demos and case studies that demonstrate how Xcalar can be used to push technology boundaries to the limit, achieving what was not possible.
- Define, analyze, and design technical solutions to the customer’s business problems. Help extend Xcalar’s product to meet the customer’s needs and advance the company's sales efforts.
- Be both: engineer and visionary, deliver successful POCs with prospective customers.
- Develop and maintain deep technical expertise in the Xcalar product portfolio. Be creative. Think through problems, prototype solutions, and show people the way.
- Work with Xcalar’s world-class engineering team, to design and build high performance analytics systems, tools, and services.
- Help build and bring to market the next generation big data analytics platform that interactively explores a trillion rows of data using relational operations, algorithmic modeling, and machine learning.
- Create clear and concise documentation for all the work performed, including design documents, architecture documents, technical notes, internal application notes, and bug fixes, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong expertise in Python and SQL
- Conversant with various databases such as mysql and Oracle
- 5+ years experience engineering enterprise solutions and developing clean, valid, and compatible websites and applications
- Proven ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, and proactively solve problems
- Capital Markets, Regulatory, Banking, Trading Services, Asset & Wealth Management, or other Financial and Banking Industry experience
- Deep understanding and experience with Analytics, Business Intelligence, SQL and relational databases
- Understanding of big data, data science, machine learning, data preparation, scale-out computing, data warehousing
- Experience with some of the following technologies: MS Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, Hadoop, Spark, and Linux
- Great communication skills, being able to speak to both technical and business counterparts on the client side and explain technology and solutions architecture
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other technical major
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to handle priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Full commitment to best software engineering practices and a passion for quality
Xcalar is an exciting, early-stage, Series A, well-funded, Big Data, software startup in hyper-growth mode.
The Xcalar product suite comprises the following:
- Xcalar Data Platform, a scale-out analytics platform for data engineers, data scientists, and business analysts
- Xcalar Virtual Data Warehouse, a scale-out data warehouse for operational analytics
Xcalar is an open and extensible analytics platform that delivers actionable insights with simplicity, speed, and scale. Its patented technologies provide a cloud-scale platform for the complete analytics pipeline including data preparation, data science, data warehousing, and ad-hoc analytics. Xcalar’s enterprise grade software scales to hundreds of nodes, thousands of users, and petabytes of data, for both cloud and on-premises deployments.
Xcalar uniquely extends native relational algebra on a scale-out platform for modern data, giving enterprises the ability to intuitively discover insights using a variety of open programming languages, interactive model design, as well as traditional SQL. It provides visibility, access, and auditability with sophisticated data lineage through all stages of the analytics pipeline.
Xcalar provides a comprehensive platform for analyzing and processing big data.
Xcalar is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Xcalar considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class. Please reference http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf andhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information.