San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data, and our mission is to become the de facto standard for next generation Big Data Processing and Analytics Engines.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire Devops engineers to join our team! In this role, you will be a critical part of our engineering team, developing cloud and on-prem deployment infrastructure.
Xcalar’s engineering team is responsible for developing the products used in financial services industry, government institutions and pharmaceutical companies to provide timely insights in production, and hence has to be highly reliable and scalable. All of us in Engineering take pride in the code that we write, and we go to lengths to ensure our products are dependable and robust because any bugs can major disruptions.
- Architect and implement a scalable, modular, secure and fast middleware, and participate in any or all phases of the development lifecycle from product definition and design through implementation
- Work on middleware design and product definition that leads, influences, and adds key value to the Xcalar product line
- Design sound data models
- Collaborate with frontend, microkernel and database engineering teams.
- Augment webservers, caching, APIs, SDKs, socket.io and proxy
- Design and implement security features for running Xcalar both on prem and in the cloud
- Create clear and concise documentation for all the work performed including design documents, architecture documents, technical notes, internal application notes, bug fixes, etc.
- Work with automation team and help with issue triage and resolution as needed during the product development process
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years experience developing scalable and secure NodeJS or Python server-side applications.
- Thorough knowledge of authentication and cloud security models
- Experience with AWS and AWS Security, Identity, & Compliance resources and secure architecting
- Experience with Web Application Architecture Security Review, Threat Modeling, Static Code Review, Penetration Testing, and Incident Response Planning
- Experience with third party risk analysis and management
- Current knowledge around web and mobile application vulnerabilities, attacks, and mitigation methods
- Strong familiarity with programming patterns, algorithms and data models
- Proven ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, and proactively solve problems
- A strong sense of focus and excellent attention to detail while working in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Full commitment to best software engineering practices and a passion for quality
- Exposure to big data technology
Xcalar is an exciting, early-stage, Series A, well-funded, Big Data, software startup in hyper-growth mode.
The Xcalar product suite comprises the following:
- Xcalar Data Platform, a scale-out analytics platform for data engineers, data scientists, and business analysts
- Xcalar Virtual Data Warehouse, a scale-out data warehouse for operational analytics
Xcalar is an open and extensible analytics platform that delivers actionable insights with simplicity, speed, and scale. Its patented technologies provide a cloud-scale platform for the complete analytics pipeline including data preparation, data science, data warehousing, and ad-hoc analytics. Xcalar’s enterprise grade software scales to hundreds of nodes, thousands of users, and petabytes of data, for both cloud and on-premises deployments.
Xcalar uniquely extends native relational algebra on a scale-out platform for modern data, giving enterprises the ability to intuitively discover insights using a variety of open programming languages, interactive model design, as well as traditional SQL. It provides visibility, access, and auditability with sophisticated data lineage through all stages of the analytics pipeline.
Xcalar provides a comprehensive platform for analyzing and processing big data.