San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep, meaningful insights from modern data. Our mission is to be the industry standard for next generation big data pipelines, powered by our scalable, relational analytics engine.
We have an immediate need for a Solutions Architect to join our Field Services team in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Your primary goal will be to engineer complete solutions that enable customers to solve data preparation, data quality, business analytics, and data science problems in their information pipelines. You will work directly with Xcalar engineering to integrate prototype solutions that extend and evolve our core product.
As a trusted advisor for our largest customers in the private and government sectors, you will continuously help position Xcalar as the data processing platform of choice. We are looking for self-motivated, independent people with a passion for technology combined with a consultative, customer-driven focus.
- Design and implement end-to-end solutions that exceed client expectations on functionality, simplicity, and performance
- Train customers and partners to fully leverage the Xcalar platform
- Understand customer problems, determine how Xcalar can solve them, and identify gaps where the product should be extended
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with client technical and business leaders
- Conduct early product testing for usability, performance, and stability of new features
- Provide input and co-author real-world case studies and technical white papers
- Curate deployment best practices for the overall Xcalar user community
- Bring user requirements to functional reviews for key engineering projects
- Advocate for critical product enhancements that will unblock adoption
- Deliver field demos to engineering that share lessons learned firsthand from customer projects and research
- Assist sales teams in delivering stellar proof-of-concept pilots that transition smoothly into production deployments
- Help design and run competitive performance benchmarks
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or a related field
- 3-5 years experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Proficiency with Java
- Experience developing applications with SQL, Spark, Kafka, or Matlab
- Experience deploying in public clouds: AWS, Azure, and GCE
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Passion for innovative problem-solving in complex environments that intermix open-source and commercial products
- Willingness to travel for onsite deployment, training, and presentations
DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of database systems, ETL pipelines, or data warehousing
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop infrastructure and Linux systems
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data. We have built a next-generation open and extensible analytics platform and a modern day DW for the complete analytics pipeline. This includes data preparation/quality, virtual data warehousing, large-scale interactive analytics, data science, and workload operationalization. Users interactively build dataflows using visual design, SQL, and structured programming, and execute them at petabyte scale. Xcalar's enterprise-grade software scales to hundreds of nodes and thousands of users for both cloud and on-premises deployments. It provides visibility, access, and auditability, with sophisticated data lineage through all stages of the data transformation process. Patented technologies deliver actionable insights with simplicity, speed, and scale.