San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data. Our mission is to provide a platform for developing & operationalizing complex business logic with AI & ML to analyze and manage the world’s information with unprecedented simplicity, speed and scale. Due to our continued growth and demand from companies who are trying to democratize access to analytics and insights over the big data, we are looking to hire a Product Engineer.
As a core member of this team, you will.
1) Help with client POCs, implement business logic.
2) Build reference implementations and demos for customers.
3) Test the product from the customer perspective.
*Principals only, no recruiters please*
- Deliver strategic POCs with prospective customers.
- Build reference implementations for various business verticals and demos for customers.
- Work with the Fortune 500 companies to transform how they use and process data.
- Define, analyze, and design technical solutions to solve the customer’s business problems. Help extend Xcalar’s product to meet the customer’s needs and advance the company's sales efforts.
- Understand customers’ pain points and build solutions and applications leveraging Xcalar SDK.
- Communicate with product managers, software developers, professional services team and customers.
- Test the product from the user perspective to ensure customer success.
- Create clear and concise documentation for all the work performed, including design documents, architecture documents, technical notes, internal application notes, and bug fixes, etc.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience engineering enterprise solutions.
- Proficiency with Python and familiarity with programming patterns, algorithms and data models.
- Proficiency with SQL and clear understanding of SQL operations semantic and query optimization techniques.
- Experience with data visualizations using Tableau, Qlik or other Business Intelligence tools.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Deep understanding of relational databases, data warehousing and data analytics.
- Experience troubleshooting, performance triaging and log analysis.
- Self-starter capable of taking ownership of projects, defining successful approaches and driving them from start to finish.
- Ability to handle priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality, with full commitment to best software engineering practices and a passion for quality.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other technical major.
- Some travel may be required.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka and other Big Data technologies. Please provide link to github showcasing your use of these technologies.
- Experience with data analytics, data science, machine learning, data preparation and scale-out computing.
- Strong background with Unix/Linux systems and concepts.
- Experience building and delivering software demonstrations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Expertise in one of the following languages: Scala, Java, C/C++ or similar languages.
- Some experience with cloud technologies such as: MS Azure, Google Cloud and AWS.
- Financial and Banking or other Industry experience.
Xcalar is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Xcalar considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class.
Please reference http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and