Channel Sales Manager
New York, NY
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data. Our mission is to become the de facto standard for next generation big data processing and analytics engines. Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire a Channel Sales Manager in the New York or SF Bay area.
The ideal candidate must be able to effectively win, maintain, and expand relationships with channel partners. Assigned to channel partners based on their geography, channel, vertical or market, you are responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives. The Channel Sales Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned partners, though you may focus on a specific solution or product in opportunities with a partner. This is a highly visible, sales leadership position that reports to the COO.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, to meet partner performance objectives and expectations.
- Sell through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Meet sales quota and assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in partner accounts.
- Drive a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Drive adoption of Xcalar programs among assigned partners.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address end user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Complete partner account plans that meet Xcalar standards.
- Enlist the support of sales managers, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
- Closely coordinate Xcalar executive involvement with partner and end-customer management as appropriate.
- Work closely with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Ensure partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Maintain high partner satisfaction ratings that meet Xcalar standards.
- Manage potential channel conflicts by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Complete required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- This position may have direct reports assigned to support responsibilities within specific partner accounts.
Required Skills and Experience
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5+ years of channel sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment. Preferably with big data, data warehousing, or analytics software.
- Demonstrated achievement of sales quota of $2MM+
- Proficiency with Salesforce.
- This position requires 25% - 50% travel. Can be based in the Bay Area or NYC region.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.