San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data, and our mission is to become the de facto standard for next generation Big Data Processing and Analytics Engines.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire Devops engineers to join our team! In this role, you will be a critical part of our engineering team, developing cloud and on-prem deployment infrastructure.
Xcalar’s engineering team is responsible for developing the products used in financial services industry, government institutions and pharmaceutical companies to provide timely insights in production, and hence has to be highly reliable and scalable. All of us in Engineering take pride in the code that we write, and we go to lengths to ensure our products are dependable and robust because any bugs can major disruptions.
- Develop and automate the infrastructure to deploy and upgrade Xcalar software in various environments such as AWS, Azure and On-premise platforms in a scalable and robust manner
- Develop operational tools to monitor and measure cloud instances running the Xcalar software
- Integrate deployment with security infrastructure such as LDAP or AD
- Collaborate with software development groups to coordinate deployment of new releases
- Enable continuous integration and deployment model
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Proficiency in Python and tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in high-performance teams
- Interested in working at a small, fast-moving, early stage startup
Xcalar is an exciting, early-stage, Series A, well-funded, Big Data, software startup in hyper-growth mode.
The Xcalar product suite comprises the following:
- Xcalar Data Platform, a scale-out analytics platform for data engineers, data scientists, and business analysts
- Xcalar Virtual Data Warehouse, a scale-out data warehouse for operational analytics
Xcalar is an open and extensible analytics platform that delivers actionable insights with simplicity, speed, and scale. Its patented technologies provide a cloud-scale platform for the complete analytics pipeline including data preparation, data science, data warehousing, and ad-hoc analytics. Xcalar’s enterprise grade software scales to hundreds of nodes, thousands of users, and petabytes of data, for both cloud and on-premises deployments.
Xcalar uniquely extends native relational algebra on a scale-out platform for modern data, giving enterprises the ability to intuitively discover insights using a variety of open programming languages, interactive model design, as well as traditional SQL. It provides visibility, access, and auditability with sophisticated data lineage through all stages of the analytics pipeline.
Xcalar provides a comprehensive platform for analyzing and processing big data.