Full-Stack Software Engineer
San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data, and our mission is to become the de facto standard for next generation Big Data Processing and Analytics Engines. Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire Full-Stack Software Engineers to join our team! You will be a critical role in our engineering team, building our front-end product that enables customers to discover deep insights from big data. Xcalar’s engineering team is responsible for developing a game changing product that will revolutionize how big data is parsed, processed, and visualized in the financial services industry, government institutions, and high-tech enterprises.
- Architect and implement a scalable, modular, and fast UI, and participate in any or all phases of the development lifecycle from product definition and design through implementation
- Work on UI design and product definition that leads, influences, and adds key value to the Xcalar product line
- Design sound data models
- Collaborate with UX design, microkernel and database engineering teams.
- Utilize rapid prototyping for design
- Create clear and concise documentation for all the work performed including design documents, architecture documents, technical notes, internal application notes, bug fixes, etc.
- Work with automation team and help with issue triage and resolution as needed during the product development process
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years experience developing clean, valid, and compatible websites and applications.
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages: Python, PHP, C++, or Java
- Thorough knowledge of user centered design and iterative development processes
- Strong familiarity with programming patterns, algorithms and data models
- Familiarity with browser architecture and the mechanics of front-end code execution.
- Proven ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, and proactively solve problems
- A strong sense of focus and excellent attention to detail while working in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Full commitment to best software engineering practices and a passion for quality
- Exposure to big data technology