Full-Stack Software Engineer
San Jose, CA
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data, and our mission is to become the de facto standard for next generation Big Data Processing and Analytics Engines.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our team! You will be a critical role in our engineering team, building our front-end product that enables customers to discover deep insights from big data.
Xcalar’s engineering team is responsible for developing a game changing product that will revolutionize how big data is parsed, processed, and visualized in the financial services industry, government institutions, and high-tech enterprises.
Willing to consider entry-level candidates who have a BSCS from a top school and are interested in front-end engineering.
*Principals only, no recruiters please*
- Architect and implement a scalable, modular, and fast UI, and participate in any or all phases of the development lifecycle from product definition and design through implementation
- Work on UI design and product definition that leads, influences, and adds key value to the Xcalar product line
- Design sound data models
- Collaborate with UX design, microkernel and database engineering teams
- Utilize rapid prototyping for design
- Create clear and concise documentation for all the work performed including design documents, architecture documents, technical notes, internal application notes, bug fixes, etc.
- Work with automation team and help with issue triage and resolution as needed during the product development process
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Strong familiarity with programming patterns, algorithms and data models
- Attention to details and ability to handle priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Full commitment to best software engineering practices and a passion for quality
- Interested in working at a fast-paced, early-stage Tech startup
DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Familiarity with browser architecture and the mechanics of front-end code execution
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages: Python, PHP, C++, or Java
- Thorough knowledge of user centered design and iterative development processes
- Ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, and proactively solve problems
- Exposure to big data technology
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data. We have built a next-generation open and extensible analytics platform and a modern day DW for the complete analytics pipeline. This includes data preparation/quality, virtual data warehousing, large-scale interactive analytics, data science, and workload operationalization. Users interactively build dataflows using visual design, SQL, and structured programming, and execute them at petabyte scale. Xcalar's enterprise-grade software scales to hundreds of nodes and thousands of users for both cloud and on-premises deployments. It provides visibility, access, and auditability, with sophisticated data lineage through all stages of the data transformation process. Patented technologies deliver actionable insights with simplicity, speed, and scale.
Xcalar is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Xcalar considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class. Please reference http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and