Site Reliability Engineer
Seattle, WA /
Technology – Engineering /
XCHG is the global marketplace for Intelligent Commodities™.
Commodity markets were designed more than a century ago for a resource-rich, data-poor world. Today’s world is rich in data, but resource-constrained, and there is increasing demand for deeper context about the full value of the energy, food, water, and materials that drive the global economy. Our multi-sided platform ingests data, sourced from each commodity’s lifecycle, and converts it into digital assets that enable transactions based on comprehensive information. We bring transparency to the market by recording real-world characteristics in an immutable profile. As a result, commodities can be valued based on vital insight that was invisible—until now.
As we work toward a prosperous and abundant future, we strive to incorporate an inclusive, collaborative approach to transforming the commodity industry.
What We Do
XCHG is creating a fundamentally different commodities marketplace by allowing downstream participants to make educated choices based on the attributional profile of a commodity. Empowering these educated choices allows us to drive a market towards valuing commodities that have a greater positive impact.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for designing XCHG’s core infrastructure. We code our way out of operational problems. The SRE team is responsible for reliability, scalability, and automation while keeping an eye on latency, security, performance, and capacity. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring, sharing knowledge, and guiding the technical decisions of the team to set us up for long-term success, both as a product and as a team. As a key hire on a growing engineering team, you’ll have a deep impact on engineering practices and culture.
As a SRE you will:
- Deploy and maintain our infrastructure
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions–and then into automation.
- Improve the deployment process to make it as boring as possible.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Own, maintain, and continuously improve all systems provided as a service, such as monitoring and data stores.
- Research and implement changes to increase site reliability and help us operate more efficiently.
Who we're looking for:
- You have an intense intellectual curiosity, both within technology and outside of technology, and a deep humility about how much there is to learn.
- You're focused, driven and can get challenging projects across the finish line.
- You're empathetic, patient and love to help your teammates grow.
- You have a rare ability to collaborate with and influence diverse engineering teams to improve the reliability, scalability and durability of their services.
- You have experience running apps in production and take engineering best practices seriously.
- You understand the value of great logging, proper monitoring, and error tracking.
- Fluent in Python
- Minimum of 3 years of industry software engineering or IT automation experience
- Familiar with the Ansible, Terraform, Docker and AWS or related tools.
- Solid grasp of Linux systems and networking concepts.
- The get-stuff-done type and you are excited to be part of different projects within the context of a growing startup.
- Previous operational responsibility for business critical production systems, in a collaborative environment.
- Strong testing background: experience building unit, integration, performance, and load tests
- You are familiar with running systems with a microservice-based architecture
- You have interacted with data persistence technologies such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka, or Redis
- You have written software
- Smart, talented, fun, engaging people committed to making the world a better place
- Generous health benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- Discretionary Vacation/PTO policy
- Parental Leave 6-10 weeks at full pay
- $100/month phone allowance
- Social Events (Company-paid Lunches, Happy Hour, Holiday Party, etc.)
- 401k plan
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody trust, transparency, collaboration, and a can-do attitude. We’re excited to meet you!
XCHG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Note to Recruiters: XCHG does not accept unsolicited resumes or referrals from placement agencies, staffing vendors or other external parties seeking recruiting fees without a signed formal agreement.