Program Manager - Global Environmental Commodity Exchanges
Technology – Product
XCHG is the global marketplace for Intelligent Commodities™.
Commodity markets were designed more than a century ago for a resource-rich, data-poor world. Today’s world is rich in data, but resource-constrained, and there is increasing demand for deeper context about the full value of the energy, food, water, and materials that drive the global economy. Our multi-sided platform ingests data, sourced from each commodity’s lifecycle, and converts it into digital assets that enable transactions based on comprehensive information. We bring transparency to the market by recording real-world characteristics in an immutable profile. As a result, commodities can be valued based on vital insight that was invisible—until now.
As we work toward a prosperous and abundant future, we strive to incorporate an inclusive, collaborative approach to transforming the commodity industry.
What We Do
XCHG is creating a fundamentally different commodities marketplace by allowing downstream participants to make educated choices based on the attributional profile of a commodity. Empowering these educated choices allows us to drive a market towards valuing commodities that have a greater positive impact.
Do you want to make a meaningful impact in how energy and agriculture commodities are traded to make the world a cleaner place? We power the world’s energy and environmental commodity markets, facilitating the secure and seamless trading of commodities like carbon, renewable energy, water, and low carbon & frack-free gas.
The Program Manager for Global Environmental Commodity Exchanges is responsible for the delivery of features on our environmental commodity market. You’ll be a key contributor and leader in our feature shaping, process, toolset, and partner ecosystem. A significant part of your role would be serving as program manager of our B2C and B2B carbon offsetting and sustainable aviation fuel solutions.
Your key responsibility is to drive and deliver the roadmap for our global commodity exchange and associated registries.
You will partner closely with the engineering team, driving tactical execution of the roadmap. You will interface directly with the commercial teams to harness the industry's requirements to trading more environmentally sustainable commodity products. You will also work closely with the market operations team to ensure the highest level of operational excellence can be maintained.
As a Program Manager, you should be passionate and excited about enlisting businesses to solve the climate crisis, and well positioned to succeed with:
- Owning and championing the product features for airlines, energy and agriculture.
- Designing and overseeing the development of future versions of our B2B exchange products
- Creating an excellent engagement experience for our customers by managing scope, schedule and cost
- Working in close harmony with software developers and commercial stakeholders
- Managing technical documentation, training and process
Who we're looking for:
- You offer a strong track record in agile software development
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and get things done on time
- You're passionate about working on climate change solutions
- You have enthusiasm for working in a fun, flexible, and mission-driven company
- 5+ years of work experience in software project & program management
- Experience in fin-tech OR highly performant and available enterprise SAAS platform is essential
- The proven ability to turn a complex and rapidly evolving set of business drivers into a clear concise roadmap that maintains a high probability of successful delivery
- Flexibility to travel up to two weeks per quarter Some international travel may be required
- Flexibility to hold remote meetings with our team members in Australia and New York
- Smart, talented, fun, engaging people committed to making the world a better place
- Generous health benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- Discretionary Vacation/PTO policy
- Parental Leave 6-10 weeks at full pay
- $100/month phone allowance
- Social Events (Company-paid Lunches, Happy Hour, Holiday Party, etc.)
- 401k plan
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody trust, transparency, collaboration, and a can-do attitude. We’re excited to meet you!
XCHG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Note to Recruiters: XCHG does not accept unsolicited resumes or referrals from placement agencies, staffing vendors or other external parties seeking recruiting fees without a signed formal agreement.