Senior Software Engineer
Technology – Engineering
XCHG is the global marketplace for Intelligent Commodities™.
Commodity markets were designed more than a century ago for a resource-rich, data-poor world. Today’s world is rich in data, but resource-constrained, and there is increasing demand for deeper context about the full value of the energy, food, water, and materials that drive the global economy. Our multi-sided platform ingests data, sourced from each commodity’s lifecycle, and converts it into digital assets that enable transactions based on comprehensive information. We bring transparency to the market by recording real-world characteristics in an immutable profile. As a result, commodities can be valued based on vital insight that was invisible—until now.
As we work toward a prosperous and abundant future, we strive to incorporate an inclusive, collaborative approach to transforming the commodity industry.
What We Do
XCHG is creating a fundamentally different commodities marketplace by allowing downstream participants to make educated choices based on the attributional profile of a commodity. Empowering these educated choices allows us to drive a market towards valuing commodities that have a greater positive impact.
As a Senior Software Engineer, your main goal is to help architect, implement and maintain the core services and integrations of the XCHG Platform and related projects. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring, sharing knowledge, and guiding the technical decisions of the team to set us up for long-term success, both as a product and as a team. As a key hire on a growing engineering team, you’ll have a deep impact on engineering practices and culture.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be tasked with modeling differentiated exchange products and transforming producer data into a tradable digital asset. This involves efficiently querying large producer datasets, provided by a third-party API, to derive production source data and the attributional profile for an exchange product. Once that product is created from source data, we implement it as a traceable and tradable digital asset utilizing a verifiable data structure. This role requires deep thinking about complex data problems in the commodities space coupled with implementing verifiable transactions in a marketplace.
Who we're Looking For:
- You can turn complex business requirements into working software that our customers love to use.
- You're proud of the code you write, but you're also pragmatic.
- You have an intense intellectual curiosity, both within technology and outside of technology, and a deep humility about how much there is to learn.
- You know when it is time to refactor, and when it's time to ship.
- You're focused, driven and can get challenging projects across the finish line.
- You're empathetic, patient and love to help your teammates grow.
- You have experience running apps in production and take software engineering practices seriously.
- You write meaningful tests and understand the value of great logging, proper monitoring, and error tracking.
- 5+ years experience building production-grade systems using modern tooling and libraries
- You are comfortable working with databases and have experience with data modeling, data architecture or database design.
- You see yourself as the get-stuff-done type and are excited to be part of different projects within the context of a growing startup.
- You have experience building and deploying your code.
- You take ownership of your code from inception to production and are proactive about shipping on time with quality.
- A passion for functional programming or experience with functional programming languages such as Scala or Haskell.
- Interest in finance or economics
- Smart, talented, fun, engaging people committed to making the world a better place
- Generous health benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- Discretionary Vacation/PTO policy
- Parental Leave 6-10 weeks at full pay
- $100/month phone allowance
- Social Events (Company-paid Lunches, Happy Hour, Holiday Party, etc.)
- 401k plan
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody trust, transparency, collaboration, and a can-do attitude. We’re excited to meet you!
XCHG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Note to Recruiters: XCHG does not accept unsolicited resumes or referrals from placement agencies, staffing vendors or other external parties seeking recruiting fees without a signed formal agreement.