Technical Operations Associate
New York, NY
Operations – Technical Operations
XCHG is the global marketplace for Intelligent Commodities™.
Commodity markets were designed more than a century ago for a resource-rich, data-poor world. Today’s world is rich in data, but resource-constrained, and there is increasing demand for deeper context about the full value of the energy, food, water, and materials that drive the global economy. Our multi-sided platform ingests data, sourced from each commodity’s lifecycle, and converts it into digital assets that enable transactions based on comprehensive information. We bring transparency to the market by recording real-world characteristics in an immutable profile. As a result, commodities can be valued based on vital insight that was invisible—until now.
As we work toward a prosperous and abundant future, we strive to incorporate an inclusive, collaborative approach to transforming the commodity industry.
What We Do
XCHG is creating a fundamentally different commodities marketplace by allowing downstream participants to make educated choices based on the attributional profile of a commodity. Empowering these educated choices allows us to drive a market towards valuing commodities that have a greater positive impact.
As a Technical Operations Associate you will be responsible for helping to maintain XCHG’s market infrastructure which includes ensuring reliability, scalability, and automation while keeping an eye on latency, security, performance, and capacity. You will also partner with Market Operations to ensure production issues are resolved in a timely basis and help design and implement the necessary tooling to ensure the team can perform relevant risk management and client service functions.
As a Technical Operations Professional, you will:
- Support Market Ops with the various technical resources required
- Participate in rotating on-call duties and respond to issues promptly
- Execute configuration management
- Investigate production issues promptly and safely using restricted access to sensitive systems where appropriate
- Maintain systems with “adhoc” data configuration changes were required, while using incident management system for documentation
- Design, write, and maintain software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of services, incorporating third-party open-source tools when available.
- Contribute to and implement new designs for a growing number of distributed systems.
- Help design and implement the tools and processes used for deployment and change management.
- Continuously improve all systems provided as a service, such as monitoring and datastores.
- Assist in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, anticipating performance bottlenecks.
- Automate resource provisioning and allocation process.
- Execute / contribute to disaster recovery drills and planning
- Work in coordination with CISO office to execute security testing such as penetration testing
Who we're looking for:
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach
- You have a strong sense of ownership and drive
- You have a can-do attitude and exceptional ability to execute
- Experience with SQL and/or JSON/JQ
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Experience with change management / incident management and the associated tools
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting distributed systems
- Working knowledge of network protocols, security standards, config management tools (such as Terraform and Ansible) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, with up to 5 years of relevant experience (Master’s degree a plus)
- Smart, talented, fun, engaging people committed to making the world a better place
- Generous health benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- Discretionary Vacation/PTO policy
- Parental Leave 6-10 weeks at full pay
- $100/month phone allowance
- Social Events (Company-paid Lunches, Happy Hour, Holiday Party, etc.)
- 401k plan
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody trust, transparency, collaboration, and a can-do attitude. We’re excited to meet you!
XCHG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Note to Recruiters: XCHG does not accept unsolicited resumes or referrals from placement agencies, staffing vendors or other external parties seeking recruiting fees without a signed formal agreement.