Technology – Engineering
XCHG is the global marketplace for Intelligent Commodities™.
Commodity markets were designed more than a century ago for a resource-rich, data-poor world. Today’s world is rich in data, but resource-constrained, and there is increasing demand for deeper context about the full value of the energy, food, water, and materials that drive the global economy. Our multi-sided platform ingests data, sourced from each commodity’s lifecycle, and converts it into digital assets that enable transactions based on comprehensive information. We bring transparency to the market by recording real-world characteristics in an immutable profile. As a result, commodities can be valued based on vital insight that was invisible—until now.
As we work toward a prosperous and abundant future, we strive to incorporate an inclusive, collaborative approach to transforming the commodity industry.
What We Do
XCHG is creating a fundamentally different commodities marketplace by allowing downstream participants to make educated choices based on the attributional profile of a commodity. Empowering these educated choices allows us to drive a market towards valuing commodities that have a greater positive impact.
As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for testing XCHG’s core platform and projects. We aim for high confidence in our releases through automated and manual testing. A QA Engineer is responsible for automated testing, establishing test cases, and developing infrastructure to increase release confidence and quality. You’ll also be responsible for sharing knowledge, and guiding the testing infrastructure to set us up for long-term success, both as a product and as a team. As a key hire on a growing engineering team, you’ll have a deep impact on engineering practices and culture.
As a QA Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with product operations and engineering, who are passionate about product quality and care deeply about testing and user experience.
- Put in place the tooling required to measure and ensure high quality releases.
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions–and then into automation.
- Determine the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests, as well as the types of tests (functional, integration, performance, and resiliency tests)
- Build end-to-end smoke tests
- Create processes (manual and automated) to validate data quality
- Execute and report on the full test suite of our applications
Who we're looking for:
- You have an intense intellectual curiosity, both within technology and outside of technology, and a deep humility about how much there is to learn.
- You're focused, driven and can get challenging projects across the finish line.
- You're empathetic, patient and love to help your teammates grow.
- You have a rare ability to collaborate with and influence diverse engineering teams to improve the quality, testability, and durability of their services.
- You have experience writing automated testing suites and take engineering best practices seriously. You understand the value of maintainable code and repeatable processes.
- Passionate about quality and automated testing.
- You see yourself as the get-stuff-done type and are excited to be part of different projects within the context of a growing startup.
- Ability to understand product user stories and translate them into test plans and test cases.
- Strong familiarity with how software is built and deployed
- Experience with release management
- Organized, highly independent, able to manage testing on complex projects and keep multiple projects on track
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in project management and bug reporting tools such as Atlassian Jira
- You’ve written software before either in an academic setting, as a software engineer, or have familiarity with site reliability engineering.
- You’re familiar with unit testing frameworks such as Jest or Junit
- You’ve used API testing tools like Postman and are familiar with RESTful APIs.
- Smart, talented, fun, engaging people committed to making the world a better place
- Generous health benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- Discretionary Vacation/PTO policy
- Parental Leave 6-10 weeks at full pay
- $100/month phone allowance
- Social Events (Company-paid Lunches, Happy Hour, Holiday Party, etc.)
- 401k plan
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody trust, transparency, collaboration, and a can-do attitude. We’re excited to meet you!
XCHG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Note to Recruiters: XCHG does not accept unsolicited resumes or referrals from placement agencies, staffing vendors or other external parties seeking recruiting fees without a signed formal agreement.