Software Developer in Test
Toronto, CA /
Product – Development /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Team
We seek a skilled Software Developer in Test to help with the testing of critical components of Xero's future infrastructure. They will assist in ensuring Xero's interactions with external business systems are fault tolerant. We have highly scalable applications for the management of key business workflows. We also have many millions of users interacting with them. These users in turn have many critical business documents needing to be ingested by our system. Keeping these systems running at a high quality standard and bug free is of utmost importance. This work will help differentiate our product from our competitors and is a key strategic initiative underpinning our platform for the next 5 years and beyond.
You are passionate about ensuring a quality product is delivered to our customers. You are team oriented and will be ahead of the curve if you have previous experience with: Docker/Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, and Redux/Webpack.
About the Role
- Assist with defining and implementing a test automation stack that enables the creation, execution and maintenance of well defined test suites
- Build a strong understanding of the technical stack while producing high quality, robust and reusable automation tests working across a varying set of technologies and products
- Build a strong understanding of the product functionality while developing test plans, scenarios and test cases for functional, regression and system level test activities for web and mobile applications
- Work with Product Managers, Engineers and DevOps Engineers in a highly collaborative environment to ensure we have a robust and efficient system. Taking ownership of product quality and helping to define product functionality
- Commit to a process discipline that fosters product excellence, rapid iteration, instrumentation, and reflection
- We continually strive to make our users’ lives easier, and you will be championing their cause, serving as a customer advocate while building a world class platform Xero is a global organization, so you will be working with people across many locations and time zones
What You'll Bring With You
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience building high quality automation tests and test frameworks and are passionate about writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Have hands-on experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g. Jenkins, Team City, AWS CodeBuild)
- Experience writing automated tests at the end to end, integration (for RESTful web services) and unit level
- Experience analyzing performance and scalability for distributed services to identify performance bottlenecks
- Ability to work well in a team with pride and ownership of their workHave initiative and a passion for all things web and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to work with both remote and co-located developers and other team membersExperience with Agile/Scrum
At Xero, we are empowered to bring our ‘whole self’ to work. Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate. We care about learning together and celebrate our teams’ continuous improvement and career development.
We offer a great remuneration package, including compelling benefits and perks, like Xero shares. We also support flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. Our Canadian Xero family includes Hubdoc, an automated data capture platform and we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.