Product – Development
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Role
- You will work with your cross-functional team to deliver beautiful software that is valuable to our customers. You will have a willingness to learn, offer your ideas and collaborate to provide technical designs you are proud of. We inspire you to show your real passion for technology, help and inspire others in Xero and within the community we support.
- We will offer you flexible working hours and arrangements that enable you to balance your life and passions. We trust you to build to the best of your ability and will support your dream for continual learning with training and career mentorship to help you flourish.
About the team
- You will be part of a team that would build, maintain and own services. As such you will be focused on the engineering best practices, microservices architectures, principles of CI/CD to deliver secure, scalable software to meet Xero's customer needs.
- We are looking for a passionate developer and just as important as the technical experience is the ability to be #human and take ownership of your environment. We are so lucky to have excellent people to work with and offices to work in and we'd love you to be a part of it.
We would love to talk to you if:
- You prefer to code collaboratively, working together as a team with high levels of communication, learning from more senior engineers as well as mentoring those with less experience.
- You are passionate about shipping high quality, well tested software through automation, proven best practices and appropriate design patterns.
- You take ownership of your code in production, using metrics and customer feedback to guide technical priorities and improvements.
- You work with a focus on helping your team succeed in their mission.
- You have a passion to grow, learn and bring new ideas and concepts to the team.
- You have experience demonstrating your ability to envision web-based services in a distributed environment that meets customer needs and solves business problems.
- You have in depth knowledge of design patterns in development (eg SOLID) and platform architecture (Microservices, Event Driven, DDD)
- You hold a relevant bachelors degree and at least 2 years relevant experience
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.