Senior Project Coordinator
Wellington, NZ /
Technology – Delivery & Ops /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
The Technology Operations and Projects group exists to help our Technology, Product and wider Xero teams to deliver high-quality projects and drive initiatives that are large, complex, cross-cutting or complex in nature. We are a team of passionate project and operations professionals who apply a flexible, customer-centric approach to driving change across our business.
As a Senior Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for working across Technology teams, projects and programmes to establish, improve and maintain project, programme and resource management systems and tools, and to support the successful delivery of Xero’s project portfolio. This includes assisting project and programme managers to create and maintain good processes, toolsets and documents. This role will be required to flex and adapt across different projects, streams and programmes of work, to support, improve and champion business processes, and to help guide team members in these processes.
The Senior Project Coordinator will help to guide and mentor project coordinators and administrators in our team. This role will have the opportunity to own and drive smaller initiatives and projects from kickoff through to completion and closeout.
We currently have several Coordinator roles we are recruiting for, one with a more Programme focus initially, the other being more focused on strategic and operational projects and work.
What you'll do:
- Assist Project and Programme teams to establish, implement and improve good project management and key documentation practices across the team
- Prepare for and ensure smooth running of project/programme meetings and reports, managing actions and following up with team members to ensure tasks are completed on time, risks and issues are actively managed, updated and documented Assist in coordinating and tracking resources and activities to ensure delivery of projects, initiatives and work requests
- Support the Technology teams by providing general project and operational support when required, this may include the setup and coordination of project meetings, workshops and events
- Provide support and coaching to technical team members on good project management practices and guidance on completing required documentation
- Establish and deliver initiatives and smaller projects, making improvements to processes where possible
- Shadow and support project and programme managers to deliver successful outcomes for projects, including leading projects in their absence where appropriate
- Maintain project and programme Confluence pages
- Assist with any financial aspects of projects and programmes - this could include collating financial information, raising and receipting purchase orders and validating invoice information.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Good practical process management skills including documentation and continuous quality improvement disciplines
- Ability to influence others by adapting approach to suit the individual in order to achieve the right outcomes and applying feedback where required
- Can demonstrate the ability to quickly build effective working relationships with others at all levels of the organisation
- Has the ability to pragmatically balance competing demands, priorities, and drivers to achieve a great outcome
- Proactive work style, pre-empting work and project tasks where possible
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of project and programme environments, and working within project teams
- A Tertiary or Project Qualification (such as PMP, CAPM, Prince2 or Agile PM) and/or appropriate industry experience
- Experience with identifying, managing and resolving project risks and issues
- Most importantly, a can-do attitude and willingness to roll sleeves up and help out where needed!
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.