Delivery Coach - Technology
Technology – Agile Delivery
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We’re looking for Delivery Coaches to join our brand new Technology Delivery team.
About the team
Our newly formed Delivery team sits within Xero’s Technology area of the business. We work alongside Technology teams and leaders as they create and maintain products and services that enable Xero’s engineering teams to innovate rapidly and deliver awesome experiences to our Xero customers.
We’re leading the way when it comes to applying product and design thinking to the development of our platforms (aka Platform as a Product). We’re driven to embed modern delivery principles and practices that last and we’re taking a fresh approach to how we evolve our ways of working at scale. With easy access to our customers (other internal Xero teams) you’ll find us helping teams to run Design Sprints, discovery workshops and to rapidly prototype ensuring we put our customers at the centre of what we do in Technology. As systems thinkers, we’re here to optimise the whole of the Technology organisation which is distributed around the globe. Our vision is to see our teams and leaders in Technology focused on outcomes, driven by value and working together to deliver excellent software sustainably.
Above all else we value teamwork. Great teaming principles underpin our delivery practice as we work together to tackle constraints in the system. We’re looking for coaches who share this philosophy rather than solo change agents. Initially we’re hiring for two coaches to support our Platform and Reliability teams in Auckland. This is an exciting opportunity to join us at the beginning of our journey and help us to shape our Technology delivery practice.
As a Delivery Coach in our team you will:
- Improve and accelerate the delivery of outcomes that are valuable to our customers and to Xero
- Support our teams and leaders to embed modern product and delivery principles and practices in their daily work and be an advocate for the mindsets that underpin these (e.g. Lean, DevOps, Design Thinking, Human Centred Design and Agile)
- Help our teams and business units within Technology hum. You’ll increase visibility, eliminate waste, and build capability in others wherever you go.
- Support product and engineering to work together as a team ensuring we balance our concerns wisely and are building scalable and sustainable solutions for the future.
- Contribute strongly to the Delivery teams culture and success. You’ll be a supportive teammate, coach and mentor to our other coaches and work alongside them to solve system-wide constraints together.
- You take a pragmatic approach to coaching and you aren’t afraid to roll your sleeves up. You’re just as comfortable working alongside a team as you are coaching leaders.
- You have an excellent grasp of modern product, delivery and design principles and practices and have successfully coached teams and leaders in these.
- You’re data-driven. You take an empirical and experimental approach to continuous improvement.
- You’re a team player and believe in the power of teams. You love pushing team goals forward, connecting with others and helping them succeed. You have an understanding of contemporary teaming theories like psychological safety and the Lencioni model.
- You always see the potential in yourself, teams and others. You relentlessly pursue growth and improvement.
- You know what great leadership looks like and you role model this daily. You believe in leadership at all levels.
- Like us, you’re always seeking new approaches. You’re not afraid to give things a try and you’re future facing through your hunger to learn and apply emergent practices from the industry.
- You understand the impact of change and you’re adaptable and resilient. You approach each new challenge with energy and enthusiasm.
- You are a great communicator with a flexible style and great influencing skills. When it comes to facilitation you have a broad toolkit.
We’re excited about the journey ahead and while we’re ambitious about what we want to achieve, we always have fun along the way.
Need even more of a reason to come and work at Xero?
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.