Senior Data Engineer (DevOps) - 2 Year Fixed Term
Product – Data & Product Analytics /
Permanent Remote /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Do you have a background or interest in infrastructure automation in the cloud? Does a beautiful CI/CD pipeline make your heart sing? Do you want to put your DevOps skills to build world class data products and machine learning applications.
About the team:
As the Senior Data Engineer in the Data & Analytics team, you will be responsible for engineering large and complex data sets, as well as build robust, reusable and optimised data pipelines. The successful candidate will have broad technical skills of developing and implementing data pipelines as well as data infrastructure to support the implementation of data transformation for analytics, business intelligence, machine learning models and other data projects.
You will develop data enrichment activities on a variety of Data Platform(s), MarTech and other Customer domain platforms in a reliable and secure manner for the users.
What you'll do:
- Deploy data pipelines following DevOps principles and incorporating automated code & data testing.
- Conceptualise data security designs and contribute to implementation plans.
- Champion automation and build/maintain CI/CD pipelines for all of our data products and applications
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Data teams.
What you'll bring with you:
- Strong data and technical background demonstrating innovation, initiative and a passion for data
- CI/CD tools like Teamcity, GitHub Actions Jenkins, Harness or Circle.c
- Infrastructure as code utilities like Terraform.
- Docker and Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of Devops practices.
- Solid knowledge in SQL, Snowflake, dbt, Python, AWS, AWS Serverless (Lambda Functions), SQS, -SNS, S3, Glue,
- Clear and concise oral & written communication including technical documentation
- Experienced in orchestration tools (such as Apache Airflow, Prefect)
- Proficient in roll out and maintenance of cloud infrastructure
- Familiar with Data and infrastructure security concerns and proactively mitigates issues
Offering very generous paid leave to use however you’d like (plus statutory holidays!), dedicated paid leave to care for your physical and mental wellbeing as well as an Employee Assistance Program to access mental health care for you and your family, health insurance, life insurance, and income protection, wellbeing and sports programmes, employee resource groups, 26 weeks of paid parental leave for primary caregivers, an Employee Share Plan, beautiful offices, flexible working, career development, and many other benefits that reflect our human value, you’ll do the best work of your life at Xero.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.